Menu

Grrrr. Stupid clothing stores.

Moxie

DD suddenly needs new shorts. One would think, with 3 solid months of shorts weather left, we would be able to find some. Nope. If we find a Halloween aisle, I won't be surprised.

Have you looked online or do you need to try them on? I hate fighting the crowds and the heat. I bet you could also find some good clearance sales too. 

DD is a teen and wears women's sizes. But, thanks! And I get tired of returning online purchases that don't fit. Which is a whole 'nother rant!

Camping/outdoor stores may have shorts. They still do in our area (northeast). Amazon and also websites of manufacturers/brands you like are also good sources. We order online when we have a style that we like and that fits, but can't find it in right size or color. I take a quick iPhone pix of the tag, so I know I have the right model number before ordering online.

I know, it's crazy. Saw all the school supplies already. Which to some here might not seem strange, but school gets out the last week of June here. LOL

Wow, when do they go back? My kids go back on Aug 8th so school supplies have been out for over a month.

• Like 1

Our local Platos Closet (teen sizes resale chain) is having a 90% off summer clearance this weekend. Current name-brand styles for about $1-$3! See if there is one near you?

http://www.platoscloset.com

Those of you with Plato's Closets, have your local stores changed over the past year? My daughter used to be able to easily find clothing there, but this past year it seems like everything on the racks is very tight, very short, very sheer, or very ripped up. 

She just took a bunch of clothes to resale stores and was disappointed by how little was taken. Plato's Closet didn't take any, including like-new American Eagle denim shorts. They said they only wanted shorts that were ripped or distressed. 

OMG..I cannot bring myself to pay money for ripped clothing.  I could just get that for free digging through trash cans.  :laugh:

I'm so mean that I won't pay for ripped clothes either!  If someone wants a ripped garment, they are free to buy it themselves.

The irony is that anything that rips later my daughter doesn't want to use. Apparently the only good rip is if you buy it that way. 

• Like 1

Those of you with Plato's Closets, have your local stores changed over the past year? My daughter used to be able to easily find clothing there, but this past year it seems like everything on the racks is very tight, very short, very sheer, or very ripped up.

She just took a bunch of clothes to resale stores and was disappointed by how little was taken. Plato's Closet didn't take any, including like-new American Eagle denim shorts. They said they only wanted shorts that were ripped or distressed.

Ours was the pickiest, little paying store. I wasn't shocked last year when that location closed. Also, was anyone else's very pricey on what they did have?