Menu

Buying men's deodorant

KungFuPanda

Why is it hard for me to buy men's deodorant lately? Did they change the way they label it? For years I bought whatever had "deodorant and anti-perspirant" on the label. Now they all just say one or the other. Is it safe to assume ALL of the antiperspirants contain deodorant now? I swear this wasn't always the case. What gives?

Why is it hard for me to buy men's deodorant lately? Did they change the way they label it? For years I bought whatever had "deodorant and anti-perspirant" on the label. Now they all just say one or the other. Is it safe to assume ALL of the antiperspirants contain deodorant now? I swear this wasn't always the case. What gives?

I thought it wasn't just me. I have such a hard time with the new labels. Bought one yesterday that was only antiperspirant no deodorant. Whoops. Had to read about 6 today to find the correct one.

I buy Tom's of Maine unscented.

I would assume there's some sort of health cost to preventing sweating. People are supposed to sweat. It's bound to be bad for skin and pores and lymph nodes and all that to prevent sweating.  What I wear is probably deodorant. It does the job--put it on early this morning and even though I'm quite sweaty due to the dubious A/C and having recently walked outside for ten minutes in 90+ temps, I'm not stinky.

YMMV of course.

• Like 1

DH and I both use men's antiperspirant and deodorant that are BOTH... I use Mitchum Mens Clear Gel unscented(women's is rarely unscented and the scents are a migraine trigger for me) ... DH uses a a speed stick and it must always be both (and he strongly prefers a specific scent).

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

We all like both antiperspirant and deodorant in this house. None of us are comfortable with wet or smelly pits or wet clothes. I'm not a profuse sweater and have to work pretty hard to get sweaty, but DH can sit still and sweat. I stopped buying the gel stuff for him because it made the pits of his t-shirts weirdly plasticky and I had to replace them. Since I don't sweat much, I'm hyper sensitive to any stickiness anywhere. I almost never go to bed without a quick 5-minute shower just to wash the day away.

I think the last 2-3 times I've bought deodorant I've had trouble finding what I want. The women's section hasn't changed. It's just the men's. Today I told DH that I give up and he has to get it himself.

ETA: in the very recent past, it's been easy to find both, or JUST deodorant. Lately I'm seeing labels that JUST say "antiperspirant" which has me wondering if these aren't actually both. I mean, who wants to block sweat but not odor??? I can see an argument for doing it the other way around, but this makes no sense to me.

Edited by KungFuPanda
  • Like 1