Menu

Diaper bag suggestions? Small bag- minimalist

BusyMom5

I guess I must have gotten rid of my little diaper bag, it's not here and I know I decluttered several times and got rid of most baby stuff.  I'm having a hard time finding one I want.  I do have a big bag- I pack this w/ extra diapers and wipes, a few outfits, and a top for me and it stays in the car all the time.  It holds 'extras' of the essentials and is not usually brought in anywhere.  If I run out of diapers, I refill my small bag inbetween stops.  I like to use a smaller bag when I am running into and out of places- it needs to hold 3 diapers (disposable for out and about, possibly cloth if it's local), 1 pack of wipes, changing pad, 1 extra outfit and a burp rag, possibly a teether or toy, later maybe a small snack, and my wallet.  I need pockets for my phone, keys, chapstick, library cards, and possibly a sippy cup of water later on.  I typically wear baby into store, and just want a small bag toc arry the essentials.  I Keep all the extra stuff out in the car in the bigger bag.  If we are at a restaurant, I will just take enough food in for that meal.  I do not carry a ton of stuff.  All I can find are huge diaper bags for moms that need to carry lots of bottles, extra clothes, toys, snacks, ect.  I'm actually not that picky on the looks, I'm going more for the function.  I like a few inside pockets for the stuff that might get lost- but don't want 10 different compartments.  Any ideas?   

I used a Kipling Europa bag for a diaper bag and now purse for my last two kids. Amazon has free shipping and returns. There are a few similar bags in varying sizes. Also check out LeSportSac for lightweight bags with pockets. You can find them at TJMaxx and Marshalls too, but it is easy to compare styles on amazon. Their diaper bag is huge.

For that I just used a tote bag.  It could carry a changing pad, a couple of diapers and plastic disposal bags, an extra shirt and shorts for DD, my wallet, sunglasses, and I could stuff my sling into it when I wasn't using it.  I like Laurel Burch tote bags--they have good zippers, comfortable wide shoulder straps, and are very sturdy.  Plus they are cute--I always seem to gravitate toward the cat designs.

We used something similar to this for my youngest DD. It's a simple daypack type bag and was suitable for me or DH. It would hold a couple diapers and wipes, a change of clothes, some snacks, some small books, crayons, and maybe a cup. We travel light. 90% of the time- (shorter trips) we just left it in the car in case of emergency and didn't take it anywhere with us. I plan to find it and use it again next time. 

ETA: I think the one I linked is bigger and nicer than what we had. I may get that because it's waterproof and can hold a water bottle. Our other one was not meant to hold water bottles/cups, and it was a struggle to force it in if we needed. 

Edited by Paige