Menu

iPhone 6 vs 7?

Dmmetler

My cell phone provider is switching to iPhones only and is offering an awesome deal for existing customers, which has me considering buying my first iPhone ever. I use my iPad Air2 constantly and love it. My current phone is a Nokia Lumia windows phone.

So, is it worth it to pay the premium for the 7 vs the 6? And should I go with the larger screen vs the more "phone sized" one?

• Like 1

I have the 7+ because I wanted the dual camera on the back. I wanted a good approximation of shallow depth of field for pictures on my phone, but tbh I haven't been super thrilled with the result as I can see some noise in the pictures that I've used it on. So, would I get a 7+ again? Maybe not, but I would get a 7 over a 6 (my 7+ replaced a 6).

Possibly something in these Google SERPs will be of interest. You can Google for a comparison of the exact iPhone models that are being offered:

https://www.google.com.co/search?q=compare+iphone6+and+iphone+7&oq=compare+iphone6+and+iphone+7&aqs=chrome..69i57j0.18824j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

"While the iPhone 6 has a 1.2-megapixel FaceTime camera, the iPhone 7 has a 7-megapixel sensor with auto image stabilisation for superior selfies. It also supports the clever flash feature introduced on the iPhone 6S, which uses the screen as a flash when taking selfies, but it's now 50% brighter.Oct 11, 2016"

I don't know.  I have a 7, my son has a 6.  We upgraded from our slide phones when he graduated high school.  Mine has a bigger memory, which is nice, and it's slightly faster.  I don't know if I would have chosen to pay more for it, but I like it.

My husband has the large iPhone 7 while I have the small iPhone 6. I rather have the small iPhone 6 because I want the headphone jack since I prefer the tethered headsets to the Bluetooth ones because Bluetooth would drain my iPhone battery. Also the small iPhone fits nicely into my jeans back pocket or my jacket front (hand warmer) pocket. My husband bought the Apple lightning to headphone converter for $9 because he rather use the tethered headset for work conference calls. He claim the cost under work expense reimbursement.

I also have small hands so the large iPhone 7 is really big on my palm and hard to do one hand hold and type. I can hold the small iPhone 6 in my hand and use my thumb to type a reply while eating at fast food places.

We tried both models at Apple stores and Best Buy before deciding. My husband's iPhone 7 was a company ration so he only had a choice of large or small while stocks last of whatever gently used phones they had. It's free so we aren't complaining.

I had the 6S and upgraded to the 7 because I am on their "we own you for life" plan (by my choice) so the cost difference was $0 except I had to pay the tax.  So I guess it was worth about $100 to me to have the 7 vs the 6S.  I really like the 7, though, and think I would pay a decent amount to have it instead of the 6.  The. 6S was better than the 6.  

:0)

My husband has the large iPhone 7 while I have the small iPhone 6. I rather have the small iPhone 6 because I want the headphone jack since I prefer the tethered headsets to the Bluetooth ones because Bluetooth would drain my iPhone battery. Also the small iPhone fits nicely into my jeans back pocket or my jacket front (hand warmer) pocket. My husband bought the Apple lightning to headphone converter for $9 because he rather use the tethered headset for work conference calls. He claim the cost under work expense reimbursement.

I also have small hands so the large iPhone 7 is really big on my palm and hard to do one hand hold and type. I can hold the small iPhone 6 in my hand and use my thumb to type a reply while eating at fast food places.

We tried both models at Apple stores and Best Buy before deciding. My husband's iPhone 7 was a company ration so he only had a choice of large or small while stocks last of whatever gently used phones they had. It's free so we aren't complaining.

The iPhone SE is another option; it is smaller in the hand than the 6 or the 7.  

DH, DS18 and I upgraded our phones around the first of the year. We all went with the 6s. We considered the 7 because it was only a little more but there was really nothing there that justified it for any of us. And even though it was only a little more on three phones "only a little" can add up to more than a little.  ;)  Since you're just getting one if the price difference isn't great I'd probably go with the 7 just to have the newest one, especially if you tend to keep phones for a long time.

The iPhone SE 128gb wasn't available when my iPhone 5 finally kaput so we went for the 128gb iPhone 6.

I am not sure but I think that is why I didn't get the SE.  I love that form factor.  But I have to admit the larger screen is nice.  It probably saved me a lot of money because I can do almost everything I want on my iPhone 7 and not have to haul around a laptop or an iPad, but the SE might not have been so handy (small screen)

The iPhone SE is another option; it is smaller in the hand than the 6 or the 7.  

This is what my dd went with because she much prefers a smaller phone. I have a 6. Dh has a 7. We are all happy. None of us would trade. Whether the features of the 7 are worth it to you would be completely personal. Compare features. See which one you like better. They're both great phones.

Definitely iphone 7/7+. The camera is WAY better, and you want the water resisting feature. My dh had an iphone 6, and I was always frustrated when he would take pictures and I'd hand him mine. Now he finally has a 7. :D

I have a 7+, and I LOVE the size. But really, size is just a preference thing. I use the dual camera and the portrait modes a lot, so they matter to me. I wanted the size. I have big hands and I just love the size of the 7+. It finally is perfect for me, big enough that I can see all my calendar stuff, etc. I seldom lose it anymore. Yeah, love it.

But really, I think it's personal. Just go to a store, hold them both in your hand, and go with the one that feels right. :)

The best feature for me about having an iPhone is that everything is the same on my iPad.  Like you - I use my iPad constantly and hopping back and forth between devices is transparent.  

I don't care about the camera, but the smaller 6 is easier for me to hold than DH's bigger 7.

I am loving the SE. I bought the 7 at first. And then I gave it to my husband and got the SE. The SE is the same at the 6s except in a smaller body. I thought I was going to love the bigger screen of the 7. Turns out, it was slippery and big and harder to hold with one hand. I only paid $250 for the SE. I found it on sale last week. I just watched for the sales. They come and go. I was checking Bestbuy.com and Target. But, there are a few other places.

• Like 1