Menu

Food ideas for grad party?

klmama

Procrastinator that I am, I still need to plan food for dc's grad party.  What are the best foods you've eaten at grad parties (or other parties) that weren't terribly messy? 

ETA:  I want to plan as much non-messy food as possible, as weather is unpredictable and we may end up with everyone inside.  Still, other favorite grad party food ideas would also be welcome!

Edited by klmama

I'm not sure how fancy you're planning for, but I like the simple parties where they just have the large party sandwiches/subs, fruit/veg tray, chips, cake, punch/water. It was the visiting with people part that was special.

I'm not sure how fancy you're planning for, but I like the simple parties where they just have the large party sandwiches/subs, fruit/veg tray, chips, cake, punch/water. It was the visiting with people part that was special.

This is almost our exact menu, LOL! We're doing:

meat/cheese sliders on King's Hawaiian buns

veggie trays with dip

red/green grapes

grab bag chips

potato salad (dd loves--only thing that requires a utensil!)

cupcakes

pop/water

• Like 2

This is almost our exact menu, LOL! We're doing:

meat/cheese sliders on King's Hawaiian buns

veggie trays with dip

red/green grapes

grab bag chips

potato salad (dd loves--only thing that requires a utensil!)

cupcakes

pop/water

I LOVE sliders on King's Hawaiian buns. So good!

DD requested chikfila nuggets and they were a huge hit!

That's what my SIL did for my niece's high school graduation party. They were a hit there, too.

• Like 1

DD graduated last Friday with a local group. We're both gluten intolerant. Each graduate's family was to provide two large platters of finger foods.

I made a cheese ball with gluten-free crackers, and then skewers with a grape tomato and a mozzarella pearl. The skewers were marinated in a homemade Italian dressing with fresh herbs and then carefully drained.

We just had my son's party last Saturday.  We did this menu.

Pulled pork sandwiches

fruit salad

baked beans

cheesy potatoes

cole slaw

pasta salad

cake

ice cream

That is almost exactly my menu for my ds grad party, except we're having cookies because none of us like cake!

We were at another party that did a taco bar.  You could also do walking tacos.

Mini sandwiches were my initial thought. Any sandwich with toppings that will fall out (shredded lettuce or bbq sauce) might not be as tidy, but there are several that don't have that. If there are mostly adults using plates I don't think it would be too bad in any case.

petit fours

pinwheels

I might think twice about chips or crackers if you're worried about cleaning up crumbs or if the chips are greasy. But even those might be fine.

No matter who is coming I don't think I could say no to cake or cupcakes. Crummy mess and all lol.

I also like fruit and veggie trays.

Something easy to pour. I know this sounds stupid but I recently went to a baby shower and I was so self-conscious pouring a drink because the pitcher kept dripping all over LOL