Menu

What to do with overcooked chicken??

Moxie

😭😭😭😭

I got brave and grilled by myself last night. I always worry about undercooking chicken and it being my first time grilling.... Tasty but DRY. What can I do with the leftover, dry chicken?

😭😭😭😭

I got brave and grilled by myself last night. I always worry about undercooking chicken and it being my first time grilling.... Tasty but DRY. What can I do with the leftover, dry chicken?

Give it to me, lol!

I love a rare steak but can only eat chicken when it is overdone. Properly cooked, juicy chicken freaks me out and makes me want to gag. Wish you were close by, I have some properly cooked chicken that I grilled (and then couldn't eat) I could trade you!

• Like 1

Give it to me, lol!

I love a rare steak but can only eat chicken when it is overdone. Properly cooked, juicy chicken freaks me out and makes me want to gag. Wish you were close by, I have some properly cooked chicken that I grilled (and then couldn't eat) I could trade you!

I'm such a nervous chicken cook! I'm so afraid of making everyone sick that I almost always cook the crud out of it.

Chicken and dumplings served over rice.  The hardest part is pulling it all off the bone and chopping it.  When you're done with that, start some rice in the steamer or instant pot. 

Then in a big pot dump your chopped chicken, add some chicken broth or bullion, a bag of frozen mixed veggies (corn, peas, carrots, & anything else that looks good in the freezer section), any other veggies in your fridge that need to go (an onion, some garlic, the stalks of celery or bell peppers that too soft to eat raw but would still be fine if cooked), salt, pepper, onion powder, a bit of garlic and parsley, a pinch or two of turmeric for color & antioxidants.  Bring to a boil (takes about 12 minutes if you pre-microwave the frozen veggies, 20 minutes if you don't.

While that's heating up, mix up some Bisquick (gluten free version in my house), but add in some parsley (dried is fine) for color. Drop spoonfuls of the dough into the boiling chicken soup. Try to dunk each segment of dough under the broth as you drop it in.  When all of it is in, turn down the burner to simmer (medium -low in my house), put a lid on it, and come back in ten minutes.  Spoon a bit of broth over the top of each dumpling (or just turn them over if your whole pan is covered), put the lid back on for another ten minutes. Easy delicious carby goodness that nicely counteracts late spring allergy season symptoms.

I'm such a nervous chicken cook! I'm so afraid of making everyone sick that I almost always cook the crud out of it.

I use a thermometer to cook it to just the right temp...and then won't eat it because I hate the texture at the right temp, lol. Turns out I like it cooked to more like 180 degrees instead of 165.