Menu

Build Your Own Bundle Sale 2017

scrapbookbuzz

Huh.  That's not how I read it, but it could really be taken either way.  "it will take $5.00 off ANY Build Your OWN Bundle purchase."  The capitalization of own makes it sounds like it's only for build your owns while it saying any and purchase could make it mean anything bought from the site.  That's really not clear.

Since the entire sale is called the Build Your Own Bundle sale, I assumed it meant anything purchased from the site as well. I plan on using mine towards the SHT membership which is on sale on the 50% off Online Classes and Memberships. It is part of the sale. Let me know what you find out about this. The sale price is still good, but I find that coupon misleading if I can't use it. 

Once I purchase the membership I get another $5 coupon towards any bundle. That is at the top of the online classes and memberships. So I plan to now use that $5 for the mystery. I think the Mapping Astronomy Through Art sounds fantastic. I plan an astronomy year not this fall, but next with my then 11th grader who will be done with her 3 required lab sciences and with a 9th grader who might not be quite ready to start them. I think it will be a good year for it. Also my odd is really wanting to get into writing, so the writing/publishing would be good for her for next year as well. We aren't into a moderns year until 3 more years, so who knows if any of that will get used, but for $5 the the Astronomy and Writing are well worth it. The others are a bonus. 

Thanks for the info everyone. 

Since the entire sale is called the Build Your Own Bundle sale, I assumed it meant anything purchased from the site as well. I plan on using mine towards the SHT membership which is on sale on the 50% off Online Classes and Memberships. It is part of the sale. Let me know what you find out about this. The sale price is still good, but I find that coupon misleading if I can't use it. 

Once I purchase the membership I get another $5 coupon towards any bundle. That is at the top of the online classes and memberships. So I plan to now use that $5 for the mystery. I think the Mapping Astronomy Through Art sounds fantastic. I plan an astronomy year not this fall, but next with my then 11th grader who will be done with her 3 required lab sciences and with a 9th grader who might not be quite ready to start them. I think it will be a good year for it. Also my odd is really wanting to get into writing, so the writing/publishing would be good for her for next year as well. We aren't into a moderns year until 3 more years, so who knows if any of that will get used, but for $5 the the Astronomy and Writing are well worth it. The others are a bonus. 

Thanks for the info everyone. 

It's actually called the "Build Your Bundle Sale," so I think when they specify "OWN" they really mean the build-your-own options. But I agree, they should have been more clear if that's the case -- so I would ask about it. Maybe they will choose to honor the coupon anyway!

It's actually called the "Build Your Bundle Sale," so I think when they specify "OWN" they really mean the build-your-own options. But I agree, they should have been more clear if that's the case -- so I would ask about it. Maybe they will choose to honor the coupon anyway!

I guess I do see that now too. It is most definitely not how I read it all day yesterday though. :) 

• Like 1

Yes unfortunately

I bit

Mystery bundle has

Grade 1 spelling

World maps notebooking

Us presidents study

Writing and publishing bundle

Cooking up history

Zany zoo adventures in writing

Peppers audio book

English encoder decoder

High school math word problems

Hands on maths activities

HIS story of the 20th century

Teaching astronomy through art

Hope I'm not doing anything bad by posting it here

Ausmumof3 - thank you for sharing the mystery bundle contents with us! 

• Like 1

So I had received an email from them yesterday stating there had been coupon issues yesterday and

they thought it had been resolved. So I went to try it again this morning and it still didn't work.

I have now sent them an email for CLARIFICATION on what the coupon can actually be used for,

due to all your comments on it. I will update when I find out the answer.

• Like 3

So I had received an email from them yesterday stating there had been coupon issues yesterday and

they thought it had been resolved. So I went to try it again this morning and it still didn't work.

I have now sent them an email for CLARIFICATION on what the coupon can actually be used for,

due to all your comments on it. I will update when I find out the answer.

Thank you! 

So, I just did a test. And it turns out, when you READ everything,  the sale itself is called "Build Your Bundle"

and within that sale is a Build Your OWN Bundle option (three to be exact). 

Anyway, I went in and added a Build Your OWN option that I had been contemplating. Tried to apply the coupon

and it WORKED. It did not do it before when I did not have the customized bundle in my cart.

This is actually happy news for me because I was $5.00 over my max budget but applying coupons brought it down to 

within my range.  However, I agree it could be MUCH MORE CLEARLY STATED.

• Like 1

Yes, I see that wording now and get it. Darn it. But still. I have been planning on buying the SHT for the $99 sale all month. The fact that this sale has it at $89.50 still saves me almost $10. I just was excited about saving $15, especially since I am adding in the mystery bundle that I don't really need. :) 

• Like 1

I wish they had the Ellen McHenry bundle before I'd already bought half of that. I didn't see a lot of great secular bundles other than that. 

Did you know you can get just the ones you need in the build your own bundle (the 5 for $25 bundle)?  That is what I'm going to do and adding in Guest Hollow's Biology schedule.  Plus I have that $5 off coupon so I'm getting 3 or 4 Ellen McHenry for $20 :-).

It looks like the $5 off discount you get for buying a class or membership has to be used on a purchase at the time of purchasing the class or membership.  

So I am buying the SHT membership and a build my own 5 basic for the EMH items I don't already own (and one other item.)  This way I get the $5 off discount & I get to use my $5 off coupon.

Check the fine print on those discount rules :)

Amber in SJ

• Like 2

So yesterday, the folks at the BYB sale, made a mistake and sent out an email stating that one of the

Build Your OWN Bundles (the kind you customize to what you want) was $19.95. It wasn't, it was $25. 

However, they realized that it was their error and so, THROUGH TODAY ONLY, with this code: byo5deal

you can TRULY get that bundle for $19.95 AND you can apply your original unique code coupon as well,

making it $14.95. I plan on doing this later today as I have not ordered yet.

Pretty cool, huh?

PS Keep in mind this was an "oops" on their part, not a planned additional discount.

• Like 1

And now I find myself attempting to talk myself out of ALL of it. 

Not because I'm disappointed in the offerings (I'm really not) but maybe because I'm 

experiencing a paradigm shift? I don't know. It bugs me when I'm certain of something but

then, given time to think on it, I become uncertain. I'd just like to make a definite decision

and be good with it already!  :tongue_smilie:  ;)

You guys are the best!  And good things come to those who wait :)

I planned on getting the membership to SHT, getting several EMH items in the Build Your Own deal, and getting $5 off with the purchase of the membership and $5 with my unique coupon.  I waited because my dd had my credit card to put gas in the car and today I saw the additional"oops" coupon for $5.05 so in total I paid $99.45 or what is the discount price for SHT that I planned on paying anyway.  I feel like I got the EMH items for free.

I plan on using several of the SHT offerings for my middle schooler & my high schooler next year.

Yahoo!

Amber in SJ

• Like 1

I did the Build Your Own Bundle. Got Mapping the World With Art, Daily Skill Building: Vocab, Rocks & Minerals, The Elements, and Cells. Used both discount codes! Now I just need a comb binder. :leaving:

Which Rocks & Minerals?

ETA:  Never Mind.  I found it :-)!

Edited by mlktwins

I finally decided on the BYOB with Ellen McHenry's Excavating English, Protozoa, The Elements, and The Brain.  I have the other ones in her bundle already.  I also chose Guest Hollow's Biology Schedule.  I felt I couldn't go wrong for $15.

• Like 2

I need to decide tonight, before I go to bed, what I'm going to do. Whether I'm going to take the plunge with my near $50 stash

(after coupons applied), whittle it down some more, or forego it completely. Think I'll go look at it again . . ..

Anyone who's purchased this year or is going to have teens? What did you get/are you going to get for said teens?

I finally took the plunge last night while the extra $5 off coupon worked for the 5 for $25 build your own bundles. So for the total of $44.85, I was able to buy 3 of the BYB pick 5 for $25 and the Mystery Bundle (I was mainly interested in the His Story of the 20th Century) when combined with the two coupons.

The items I bought for my teens and soon-to-be teens were:

The GuestHollow Biology Schedule

Figurative Language

Who Dun It Murder Mystery

Battle Cry

If I didn't already have the EMH ebooks, I definitely would have added those.

I purchased:

Healthy Families Bundle (mostly for Playing for Keeps and the Family Bible Study Toolkit but I'm sure I'll look at the recipes too)

Mystery Bundle  (World maps, Five Little Peppers and how they grew Audiobook, HS Math Word Problems)

And Three Build Your Own Bundles (after I learned you could mix and match)

PREMIUM Bundle:

15-min Music Lessons Online

Cobblestone Church History Research Journal

Dora & Diego Spanish

Guest Hollow Jr Anatomy

Remember the Days Medieval Days Audio Book

Bundle 1 Basic:

Developing a Quiet Time

Excavating English

Handel: The story of Water Music

Reader's Theater: Christian Poetry

Reading Comprehension Skills & Templates

Bundle 2 Basic:

Quark Chronicles: Anatomy

The Brain: An Introduction to Neurology (MY son currently says he wants to grow up to be a brain surgeon and wanted me to find him more information about the brain)

Uncover Exciting History

Walk This Way: Ethics and Sanctification Lessons for Kids

Walking with the Waodani (I have sponsored kids in Ecuador and am excited to learn more about the country)

You guys are the best!  And good things come to those who wait :)

I planned on getting the membership to SHT, getting several EMH items in the Build Your Own deal, and getting $5 off with the purchase of the membership and $5 with my unique coupon.  I waited because my dd had my credit card to put gas in the car and today I saw the additional"oops" coupon for $5.05 so in total I paid $99.45 or what is the discount price for SHT that I planned on paying anyway.  I feel like I got the EMH items for free.

I plan on using several of the SHT offerings for my middle schooler & my high schooler next year.

Yahoo!

Amber in SJ

Darn, I wish I would have done that yesterday! I am doing the SHT, then using the $5 from that to buy the mystery. But I could have put together exactly what I wanted yesterday doing it your way for the same price! Like you I was going to do the $99 this month anyway.   I didn't think of your way yesterday!

I need to decide tonight, before I go to bed, what I'm going to do. Whether I'm going to take the plunge with my near $50 stash

(after coupons applied), whittle it down some more, or forego it completely. Think I'll go look at it again . . ..

Anyone who's purchased this year or is going to have teens? What did you get/are you going to get for said teens?

For my teens I am getting the full SHT membership. I plan on 10th grader doing the Mr. D's geometry and 8th grader doing typing, logic, and art classes to her art's content from there. I also am going to look at the TruthQuest Middle Ages history they have.   We get access to the World Book Encyclopedia online which could be nice and to RightNow Media. Right now, we already have RightNowMedia through our church, but we like it for several history series, so if ours from church isn't renewed then I'll be glad to have it there. (There is also preschool on it, so I might make use of a curriculum from that too. ) 

Then in the mystery bundle I am super excited about the Mapping Astronomy Through Art to add to a WTM suggested Astronomy guide that I am using next year. And possibly about the writing/publishing one, and I will look through the math word problems and maybe sprinkle those in somewhere. 

The presidents stuff I will put up. We will have a ker the next time we do American History, so that could be a fun cooking thing to do with all of them at that time, 12th, 10th, and K that year. 

• Like 2

Ok, SHT is the SchoolHouseTeacher's membership. I did that. I did not end up getting the Mapping Astronomy. That was in the mystery bundle. I kept thinking I could use the $5 off coupon that I got for ordering the membership could apply to any bundle, but it was to the build your own bundles as well. So I didn't pick up the mystery bundle after all. ;(  Oh well. I was planning on the SHT all year to buy this month when it went on sale. So I got that. I will still get all of the stuff from it that I planned on. 

• Like 1

Thanks for the clarification. 

I have a hard time with digital anything. Not in using. In remember I have it!

I just went through some past emails last night and found TONS of .pdfs I bought for homeschool use

and had totally forgotten about! *sigh*

call me old-fashioned; I just work better with real paper.

• Like 2

I've never looked closely at schoolhouse teachers, what do people like on there?

I got it for Mr. D's math. I needed geometry for next year. This is cheaper than buying a new textbook and teacher manual, and she'll get the videos to watch for each lesson. Of course I don't own it, and can't reuse with next child like I could with buying the textbook, but I wanted away from the textbook and something with videos for her for next year. And for the price, there are all kinds of art programs, typing, logic, preschool, and some random things that I can use with my other kids for the year. I will decide if it is something we want to keep after this year or not.  

I just went through some past emails last night and found TONS of .pdfs I bought for homeschool use

I do this too. In my early years I would download tons of freebies from currclick and anytime anyone was offering anything free. My hard drive is loaded with all kinds of fun stuff that I forget I had! I have a hard time buying digital for that reason too. I hardly know any of the publishers on this sale because I don't buy pdf usually. 

Maybe I'll nix my original plans altogether and just purchase one of the high school courses.

Fascinating Chemistry looks like it might be what my Aspie & dyslexic daughter needs to get through high school chem.

Have slowly been using Dr. Wile's text from Apologia but I know it's hard for her to get through it and I want her to really grasp 

the subject matter.

• Like 2

I have the same problem. I'm going to make a spreadsheet so I know what I have and what grades it's for. Then I need to print off a bunch of stuff and bind it at my friend's house. I need my own binder eventually but she's so sweet to let me use hers. I usually pay her in chocolate.  :thumbup:

So I finally ordered. Why don't I feel relieved? It's been looming over my head that I wanted something but not 

sure what. I've changed it about 4 or 5 times now. 

This is what I finally ordered (after some late night perusal last night):

*Fascinating Chemistry (because it's a full high school course, online, that my daughter can do ON HER OWN and

it's only about $40 with this sale. THAT alone would have been enough for me. BUT, because when you buy a class

or membership you also get $5.00 off any Build Your OWN Bundle, I bought a BYOB 5/$25, too. If I'd done this the other 

day during their "oops" I could have basically purchased that bundle for $15. Ah, well.

*in my customized Bundle:

-Walking with the Waodani

-Indoctrination

-Many Nations

-Blending Breakfast

-Healthy Breakfasts (many are gluten-free and grain-free, thus my interest)

Not sure why I don't feel settled for having finally made the purchase. Maybe because I would have loved to customize

more bundles to my liking but that would not have fit into the budget!

• Like 3

I just printed out the table of contents for a few things for my preschooler, and stuck those papers in with her sticker books - hopefully then when I'm in there looking for something I'll also look at those and be able to pull things together.  I've done it for lesson planning for my older kids before too - print just the contents & keep it with the checklists.  Otherwise it gets overlooked.

• Like 1

I have been playing all day in my SHT membership. There are all kinds of things included, way better than a mystery bundle It's like a bazillion mystery bundles. I can print the whole planners, calendars, transcripts, listen to all their old online homeschool convention workshops, print fun things, watch videos. I'm enjoying it so far. I wasn't super impressed with the Truthquest. I didn't know much about it, but after looking at the

Wayfarer's sample it's a letdown. We are doing Middle Ages next year, but probably not going to use any of it. I'll stick to WTM stuffs. But there is a lot I am hoping to use besides the math for dd14.   I also get the print magazine summer issue. I like that. I hate reading online magazines.

Maybe I'll nix my original plans altogether and just purchase one of the high school courses.

Fascinating Chemistry looks like it might be what my Aspie & dyslexic daughter needs to get through high school chem.

Have slowly been using Dr. Wile's text from Apologia but I know it's hard for her to get through it and I want her to really grasp

the subject matter.

Just a tip of you buy one of the bundles you get a coupon for the fascinating medicine course for a year of free access at least if I understood right.

• Like 1

For digital content I find it handy to set up a homeschool folder on the PC with a subfolder for each subject. Then hopefully I'll remember when I'm planning what we have.

I think realistically there is so much out there that we can't really use it all or our kids go crazy.

• Like 1

Just a tip of you buy one of the bundles you get a coupon for the fascinating medicine course for a year of free access at least if I understood right.

Yep, you're right! One of the FEW things in the "$500 in Bonus Freebies & Discounts" that actually excited me.

Much of it was "meh." BUT since I had ordered the high school chemistry from Fascinating Education, I was thrilled to discover this

gem, as well!

• Like 1

Can anyone tell me if there is a printable list of all the product available? I have done purchasing but still want a couple of things and would love to look through a list - cross off what I have bought and figure out what to put in a bundle.

Not sure about an actual list (sans pictures) but if you go to the home page, you can click on "All Products" and 

see everything available with accompanying pictures.

So now you've got me curious: what did YOU purchase? 

Not sure about an actual list (sans pictures) but if you go to the home page, you can click on "All Products" and

see everything available with accompanying pictures.

So now you've got me curious: what did YOU purchase?

I bought the Charlotte Mason bundle and one of the elementary bundle and Ellen mc Henry was the free one (and probably the best value for money).

I'm now having a bit of buyers regret and wishing that I picked a different elementary bundle because of the rave reviews the galaxy grammar is getting and I really want a different grammar programme because first language lessons is killing us.

Ellen mc Henry bundle is unbelievable. I purchased RSO chemistry this year and honestly looking through the elements we could have used that instead... May even still use it in four years if we keep on the same science cycle. Says its for ages 10-14 and my oldest will be just 14.

I also bought the mystery bundle and looks like it will work out good value for is because the writing program is totally perfect for me animal obsessed dd. Happy about that.

• Like 2

I received an email from them today with the subject line: "Did you forget anything?" 

Included in that email was another code fro $5.00 off any bundle. I might just have to go look again now!

I got that email too and am trying to figure out which bundle had the Sequencing package since I want to compare the price of that to the bundle and decide which to get. I could use the Sequencing with my just finished Kindergartener over the summer

• Like 1

vonfirmath, I was just glancing through some of the Elementary bundles to see if I could find outfor you

but maybe I don't know what you mean by "Sequencing." Is that the actual title of the curriculum? I didn't see

it at all in the four Elementary bundles.

I got that email too and am trying to figure out which bundle had the Sequencing package since I want to compare the price of that to the bundle and decide which to get. I could use the Sequencing with my just finished Kindergartener over the summer

Sequencing is in the Thematic Units bundle.

• Like 1

I almost have it down to five, I don't think there will is enough to go for ten this year for me. 

Has anyone gotten the Figurative Language by Broomdale House that can tell me what it's like or where it is on the publisher's page because I cannot find it at all. Even googling for it brings up a different programme by the publisher and the build a bundle page. It's in the Upper Grades #1 pack as well. It sounds ideal for my 12 year old but I'd love more information.