Menu

Starting to hate Nintendo

Moxie

First it was the NES Classic that my ASD child was obsessed with that we couldn't find. Now it is the damn Switch. Wth, Nintendo?!? Does anyone know how I can track ones of these down (not on eBay)?

Edited by Moxie

I went PHYSICALLY to our local Gamestop.  They did NOT have them in stock but had bundles we could order.   Since they had the games ds wanted, we ordered.  They said it would come by April 12th (we ordered end of March) but he got it by April 1st or so.  It was the Switch and 3 games and a playbook.

The stores didn't have them in stock and only GS had them for order and it was not on their website, it was only if you physically went in.

Edited by DawnM

Did you ever find a classic? I was looking forward to getting one for my kids for Christmas, but despite trying hard, was never able to. I continued trying until February, and now only check a couple times a week to see if there are any in stock anywhere. I can't figure out why Nintendo seems to purposely drastically limit supply of these things.

If you can't find one, you can play old NES games on your computer with an emulator program. You can even buy controllers that plug into the computer's USB ports to make it more realistic. :)

I talked my kids out of it. They bought Breath of the Wild for WiiU instead and have been satisfied. I mean, it's basically the only game for the Switch at the moment anyway. And, yeah, it's apparently an amazing game. But still... it's one game for a $400 system. No.

Yeah, my DS is dying for the switch too.  After reading Game Informers review today that gave the system a solid "C" rating, I'm not rushing to find one.  He's quite disappointed, but we'll wait for a little while.  I promised to buy Breath of the Wild for our Wii-U, and that should hold for a little while.  

I would think there will be systems available at the end of the month when the updated Mariokart 8 comes out for the Switch. 

I'm on a site where people are tracking the Nintendo mini NES. Some stores have them show up but when people go in the store the employees say they aren't there. Then there's speculation that it's a lie, the inventory they looked at was wrong, the employees are holding them for themselves/friends to buy, or it's in the back.

Basically a total hit and miss game.

As another poster said, Nintendo won't be making more. I think Nintendo is being jerky about all this. Like employees are saying their stores never got a lot to begin with (I think that's what a Best Buy employee said). I remember at one point a GameStop employee told me they were not doing preorders and it was first come first serve. They had a limited number of them. My family wasn't interested enough or else I would have driven to GS during the original release when the store opened.

I don't know anything about the status of the Switch. I didn't realize that one would be so hard to get.

Maybe you can just get an emulator and download the specific games you want. There are ways to do this. Someone mentioned I think an itunes store?? where you can buy individual classic games (longer list than the ones loaded on the device and better selection). Depending on how many games you want this might even be more worth your money. But as far as getting the emulator, I'm not sure if it's legal or not. I had a version of one many years ago in my college dorm. I played classic Mario on my keyboard but the game would get stuck in certain parts and Mario wouldn't stop running and would fall to his death lol