Menu

Who's going to tackle Sunday with me?

Jean in Newcastle

Good morning!  Had a most relaxing Saturday and took a lovely long walk with my spouse!

Today:

run to store to get more breakfast stuff

clean up kitchen

Mass

breakfast - French toast, yogurt parfaits, sausage

At some point take 15 yo to get new athletic shoes, also pick up gift for soon to be 22 yo (on Tuesday)

Dh says he'll grill outdoors for dinner.  First time this year!

• Like 6

Good morning, Ladies!  DH leaves for yet another business trip tomorrow so today will be about getting to all that laundry I have put off ever day this week.  That is my main priority.  I will have at least 8 loads to get done once I throw in towels and oldest's baseball uniforms as well.

-coffee

-talk DH out of wanting to go to baseball opening day today (I'd rather do laundry...)

-laundry (DONE:  7)

-re pot a plant on my lanai (bought the new pot and dirt months ago)

-hose down (or power wash) all the lanai furniture (full of pollen)

-work out (HiiT workout)

-get some sun

-start new book

-see if I can talk oldest into showing me his paper for English class (he is a less than stellar writer but hates showing me anything)

-plan Whole 30  meals for the week

-dinner (planning on a London broil, noodles and vegetables)

-watch Homeland and Big Little Lies (finale) tonight

ETA (and this has the makings of a huge disaster):

-have a conversation with oldest about his (lack of) communication skills and desire to lay on the couch with his hoodie over his head playing on his phone 24/7

Edited by Pink and Green Mom
  • Like 5

Good morning! I did nothing yesterday except lounge around and ride horses. It's tempting to have another relaxing day, but I guess I should get a few things done...

•move turkey from freezer to fridge to thaw

•give dogs heartworm preventative

•read

•do some food prep

•plan out my week

•dinner: eggs, grits, bacon

• Like 5

I'm sad that ds is missing his First Communion retreat today :( He's been wheezy and he's currently on his nebulizer. Guess instead of going to Sunday school, Mass and retreat today we are staying home and trying to get him better. He has standardized tests at school starting Monday and I don't know if he'll be ready to return to school. He already missed 4 days last week. Luckily I make him bring home school books daily so we can get some work done from home.

Our religion subscription for this grade just expired so we can't do the online courses, but maybe I can find our religious books that I misplaced.

• Like 6

heartlikealion, hope your ds is feeling better soon.  I remember those days with my oldest.   :grouphug:

To do:

urgent care for dh's cough/resp. infection

Church

grocery shopping w/my mom

laundry

grading/lesson planning

Have a great day, all!

• Like 6

We were all supposed to go to a baseball game after church but my 3yo BEGGED for a nap instead so she and I are staying home (and both napping!

I also need to:

- do 1 load of laundry

- read for my CM book group (meets Tues)

- get out Easter things, order a few needed items

If I have the energy

- go to Bed Bath and Beyond for an exchange

- go to dance cardio class at the gym

• Like 5

I got a birthmark removed on Thursday. It was on my side covered by my bra. That was the problem, my bra was always rubbing against it and it would cause it to occasionally bleed. 

So right now I have 4 stitches in my side, and I can't comfortably wear a bra. I'm a 32 H. I can't get much done with-out risking black eyes. :p 

• Like 4

We've been to church and a reception afterwards.

Dh has choir practice.

Pot roast is in the oven.

To do:

Yardwork! 

Help dd make a booklist for a friend    She wants to do it another day.

Deliver books to the church and do some office work, after Dh gets home.

School prep     I'll get up early tomorrow. Too tired to do it well now.

Edited by ScoutTN
  • Like 3

My plans shifted a bit

DS complained all day of his ear hurting and I figured he would need to go in tomorrow but by 3:30 he was sobbing so we went to urgent care. Double infection, one pretty bad.

Neighbor needed to use our dryer bc hers was broken and she had wet clothes and another to wash. She has 5 kids. Bumped my laundry to tomorrow so she could use.

DH often cooks on Sunday's but he is sick so I made dinner and cleaned up. Made grilled chicken and bruschetta pasta salad (so good!). I also managed to make muffins for tomorrow/Tuesday bfast.

Read with the kiddos a good bit and also finished my CM reading.

• Like 3

I found my religion books. Went over some material with ds. Received an email back from the Sunday school teacher, too so I know what we missed. Not sure how often to keep ds home when he's like this. You get a max of 10 absences per semester (or 20/yr but he already missed 10 last semester between junk like this and flu). When I listen to his lungs it doesn't sound good.

My plans shifted a bit

DS complained all day of his ear hurting and I figured he would need to go in tomorrow but by 3:30 he was sobbing so we went to urgent care. Double infection, one pretty bad.

Neighbor needed to use our dryer bc hers was broken and she had wet clothes and another to wash. She has 5 kids. Bumped my laundry to tomorrow so she could use.

DH often cooks on Sunday's but he is sick so I made dinner and cleaned up. Made grilled chicken and bruschetta pasta salad (so good!). I also managed to make muffins for tomorrow/Tuesday bfast.

Read with the kiddos a good bit and also finished my CM reading.

Hope your ds is better asap. That was nice that you let your neighbor use your machines. I'm sure she's very thankful.

• Like 3