Menu

Can anyone suggest a good audio book to listen to while gardening?

helena

It turns out I can work a lot longer out there if I'm listening to a book. I think I'd like one that has something to do with gardening, but I have a few points built up at Audible so I'm open to anything that will suck me in and make me forget I'm working. :)

I haven't listened to many adult audio books so I'm not sure what I like and don't like. The readers sometimes bother me, no matter the genre. So far my favorites are One Second After and Farm City.

I look forward to your suggestions!!

Re: Unsinkable's list - I haven't read or listened to Founding Gardeners yet, but I have read other books by the author, and I give her my highest recommendation. Brother Gardeners is my favorite, but I don't know if it's available as audio.

Edited by marbel
  • Like 2

I can't wait to go through all of these titles.

I find myself transported as I garden and listen. We adopted a puppy a month ago and she's turning into quite the garden buddy. :) I'm out there a lot more and I'm finally seeing some progress in our big messed up yard. 

• Like 2

I don't know how good it is, but I'm going to either read or listen to it, "My Family and Other Animals," by Durrell. There's a British TV series based on the book and it's hilarious. It's called The Durrells in Corfu.

I have that book on my nightstand, and I've heard that the audio book is fantastic. I forgot about the series. Do you know if its coming to American TV?

• Like 1

Southern Sisters series by Anne George.  They are murder mysteries, but not heavy, kind of like that old tv show "Murder She Wrote".  Murder mysteries, but not gruesome.

I listened to a lot of them when I was commuting to college, and I would sometimes be late to class because I didn't want to turn it off after getting there! I enjoyed the audiobooks much more than reading one, the narrator just made them for me.

Edited by saraha