Menu

Endless Illness

JessReplanted

We have had over a month of endless illness. We all keep swapping bronchitis, ear infections, sore throats, and pink eye. Add to all of this the frustration of a pediatrician who is never able to get my kids in, and it has been maddening.

I feel like I have tried all of the things. Any tips? Do other families experience seasons of sickness like this? It has been so horrible. 👎

Doc-in-a-box--clinics inside box stores

It's inexpensive, they usually take insurance, and you just park your tush in the waiting area until it's your turn. I wouldn't be waiting on a pediatrician if things are overbooked, and it's spreading over and over.

:grouphug:

• Like 3

It's inexpensive, they usually take insurance, and you just park your tush in the waiting area until it's your turn. I wouldn't be waiting on a pediatrician if things are overbooked, and it's spreading over and over.

Yes, urgent care knows us by name at this point. And I had to try one of those CVS clinics for the first time too, and it really wasn't bad.

Edited by JessReplanted
  • Like 2

(hugs)

My to do list when anyone is sick:

Lots of hand washing (and hand lotion because they'll be dry)

New tooth brushes

Rest

Fluids

Elderberry syrup

We have tried elderberry syrup before without any positive results, but I will definitely be getting new toothbrushes. Thanks!

• Like 1

Our whole winter has been a series of viral infections and then everyone got to go through a round of strep. Everything staggers to where it feels constant. Ugh. I am sorry you're dealing with all of that. It's definitely not fun.

If there's illness in the house, I put a roll of paper towels in the main bathroom that gets used most often. Usually we have a hand towel that gets changed very frequently, but one day I watched a kid puke, rinse her mouth out, and wipe her face on the towel 😮. Now we go full-on disposable when there's sickness.

• Like 4

Is it me, or is this year crazy bad everywhere?

It definitely is around here.  I know people who work in the schools and they tell me the absentee rate is triple what they usually see.

We've had the flu/nasty colds going around the house since January, after a brief bout of them in December.  Hopefully the kids and dh are finally done.  I have bronchitis and a sore throat that I've had for three weeks.  Dh is the only one of us who actually went to the doctor.  The kids never got bad enough to go, and I just hate the doctor.  If I'm still bad Monday, I think I'm going to have no choice.

This has been us, too. It is truly horrible.

Two different stomach viruses over the last four weeks or so ( worst one happening right now)

Strep

Colds/congestion again, again

Viral infections with asthma and steam showers

Since January. Horrible.

😞😞😞

We have had over a month of endless illness. We all keep swapping bronchitis, ear infections, sore throats, and pink eye. Add to all of this the frustration of a pediatrician who is never able to get my kids in, and it has been maddening.

I feel like I have tried all of the things. Any tips? Do other families experience seasons of sickness like this? It has been so horrible. 👎

Wiping everything down with Clorox wipes may help.  Don't forget car keys, door knobs, car steering wheels, phones, light switches, credit cards, etc   Are you okay with giving the family Emergen-C or Elderberry  syrup  ( order berries from Amazon to make cheaper ) ?   Have everyone wash hands several times a day, especially after being out in public.  

Best wishes as you and yours get through this.   

• Like 1

I love our primary care, but I don't have a spare 2 or 3 hours which is how long it usually is to see her.

The new urgent care in our town is fantastic, we were in and out in 20 minutes last time including x-rays!

I love our primary care, but I don't have a spare 2 or 3 hours which is how long it usually is to see her.

The new urgent care in our town is fantastic, we were in and out in 20 minutes last time including x-rays!

We've started using the Urgent Care too. The walk in clinic for our pedi is usually a 2-3 hour wait to see and NP with a $20 co-pay. Our urgent care is usually 20 minutes max to see an M.D. with a $50 co-pay. I figure shaving 2-3 hours of picking up more diseases in a germ filled pediatric waiting room, not to mention my sanity,  is worth the extra $30. I guess our insurance felt the same way, because previous years, the amount for Urgent Care was far more. So happy they changed it. :)