Menu

That 60" TV that I said I was getting rid of????

DawnM

Update:

I can't find the thread.   The search engine on these forums stinks.

Anyway, I found a bulb for $10 with shipping on eBay for the TV and decided to just see if it would work,

Put it in this evening and voila!  I now have a working 60" TV again.

This was a free to me TV and now a $10 TV.

Even if it just gets me through a few months, I am glad I fixed it.

• Like 26

I don't think we will take it with us.  It is a flat screen in front but weighs about 125 pounds and is thick.  We will be moving to a much smaller house and will need wall mountable TVs.  We have a couple of those and will take those with us.

• Like 1

I don't think we will take it with us.  It is a flat screen in front but weighs about 125 pounds and is thick.  We will be moving to a much smaller house and will need wall mountable TVs.  We have a couple of those and will take those with us.

We had an extremely high-end LG TV with the old style CRT tube, that I won in a raffle for Christmas 2003. It weighed approximately 220 pounds. No exaggeration. 100 Kilos.  It developed a problem. The place where we get TVs fixed would give us a Free Estimate, if we took it there.  I had no way to get it there and back. They don't make service calls, so we couldn't pay them to come to our house and check it out.   We gave it away.  

• Like 1