Menu

Changes to that NC billboard...

AppleGreen

I read the other thread on the billboard in NC. I thought it was strange, but I guess it got stranger. A new sign in place of the original one reads: 

"Much Ado About Nothing. A social experiment that brought forth those so immersed in their own insecurity that in the mirror they could only see an angry victim of their incorrect interpretation of a silly billboard -- Bless their hearts."

http://www.journalnow.com/news/local/new-billboard-off-business-draws-renewed-criticism/article_284183f2-b6cd-5aaa-9170-c2d818f6c1b4.html

The source of the billboard has requested they remain anonymous.  

I read the other thread on the billboard in NC. I thought it was strange, but I guess it got stranger. A new sign in place of the original one reads: 

"Much Ado About Nothing. A social experiment that brought forth those so immersed in their own insecurity that in the mirror they could only see an angry victim of their incorrect interpretation of a silly billboard -- Bless their hearts."

http://www.journalnow.com/news/local/new-billboard-off-business-draws-renewed-criticism/article_284183f2-b6cd-5aaa-9170-c2d818f6c1b4.html

The source of the billboard has requested they remain anonymous.  

Sounds like they got tired of their first 5 minutes of fame ending, so came up with another to regain it.  

All anonymously, of course, bless their hearts.  :lol:

At least they let everyone know this time that they are just idiots.

• Like 6

I think it's weird that "ha ha, I was just doing/saying it to get a rise out of you" is considered by anyone older than 14 to be a positive defense.

I mean, yeah, everyone knows that people who pick on other people are doing it to provoke a reaction, and that they think getting one means they "won" the interaction. But most people recognize that as juvenile behavior. It seems like in certain Internet spaces, and now this billboard interaction, some adults never made it to that stage of maturity.

Agreed. It feels like they never left Middle school!

I can't figure it out either. Middle School is terrible. It's the worst. If one is going to have a "Ground Hog Day" Bill Murray life, why choose middle school drama as your thing to repeat. No thanks.

• Like 1

It seems so passive aggressive. If you have something to say, say it, own it and be open to discussion. I guess it is more about the 15 minutes of attention, than something of substance. 

Maybe they should use their billboard money for a massage or something?  :willy_nilly:

• Like 1

so stupid

It doesn't matter what they intended.  If a large number of people misunderstood it, then THEY are the ones who didn't present their message clearly.  Because at the end of the day do they want to get their intended message across?  Or do they want to be a-holes?

Apparently they want to be a-holes.

It doesn't matter what they intended. If a large number of people misunderstood it, then THEY are the ones who didn't present their message clearly. Because at the end of the day do they want to get their intended message across?

It could be part of someone's sociology or psychology essay/dissertation :lol:

• Like 1

It could be part of someone's sociology or psychology essay/dissertation :lol:

At the end of the day I really don't care about the billboard, but I have to say the response to the misunderstanding is inflammatory.  If they weren't trying to be inflammatory to start, they certainly are now.  So in that case I assume they were in fact trying to be inflammatory from the start.

• Like 2