Menu

Postpartum Depression

Slache

That's not normal baby blues. It should have started improving by 2-4 months postpartum in my experience, if unmedicated. The Zoloft should have helped even more.

Definitely get checked out - you may very well have a vitamin deficiency at play or your thyroid could be going wonky, it might not even be depression as an end diagnosis unto itself. You may also need a different medication or adjusted dose.

Hugs!

Edited by Arctic Mama

50 mg of Zoloft is a pretty low dose; it may not be sufficient to be therapeutic for you. Definitely check in with your doctor and see what adjustments you might make.

Also, get vitamin D and thyroid levels checked. Make sure you are getting B vitamins. Evaluate sleep and exercise and see what you might do to improve those.

Many hugs and I hope you get some relief soon.

• Like 3

That's not normal baby blues. It should have started improving by 2-4 months postpartum in my experience, if unmedicated. The Zoloft should have helped even more.

Definitely get checked out - you may very well have a vitamin deficiency at play or your thyroid could be going wonky, it might not even be depression as an end diagnosis unto itself. You may also need a different medication or adjusted dose.

Hugs!

It took 9 months last time. I don't remember the transition from anger to sadness though. The medication is *definitely* helping.

• Like 1

50 mg of Zoloft is a pretty low dose; it may not be sufficient to be therapeutic for you. Definitely check in with your doctor and see what adjustments you might make.

Also, get vitamin D and thyroid levels checked. Make sure you are getting B vitamins. Evaluate sleep and exercise and see what you might do to improve those.

Many hugs and I hope you get some relief soon.

I've been bad with my vitamins. Thank you.
  • Like 1

Hugs Slache.

I agree getting it checked is important.

But.

If you do go to the doctor, and all the tests come back normal, know you're not alone. I had the same with both of my boys. Until sleep and hormones were back to pre-pregnancy normal, it just didn't let up. The Zoloft helped me survive, and I'm grateful, but sometimes those low hormone levels are too low.

• Like 1

Yes that progression sounds like a pretty expected course to me. Always a good idea to check in with a trusty professional, though, especially because you are already using medication, and that medication can take people in either direction. In your shoes I'd make an appointment.

Big hugs momma.