Menu

African Black Soap

fraidycat

Apparently makes a funny and interesting conversation piece.

I have some in a soap dish on the counter in the bathroom at my parents' house. So far, it has been mistaken as a smooshed granola bar (my mom), thick beef jerky (my dad), cat poop (my sister), and date cake (my brother).

It makes me :lol: every time someone else comes out of the bathroom and asks "why is there _______ on the counter in the bathroom?"

Who needs artworks when you can discuss soap? :D

• Like 11

Someone gave us a bar of black soap for my teenager to try on his acne.  My dh's  aunt, in her late seventies, was here over Christmas and after a few days, she came out of the bathroom with a puzzled look on her face muttering something about the soap.  I love to aggravate her so I just let her stew about it for a while before explaining.  

Edited by JanOH
  • Like 1

Someone gave us a bar of black soap for my teenager to try on his acne. My dh's aunt, in her late seventies, was here over Christmas and after a few days, she came out of the bathroom with a puzzled look on her face muttering something about the soap. I love to aggravate her so I just let her stew about it for a while before explaining.

See!? It's universal entertainment. Everyone needs some ABSoap!

• Like 1

I dissolve ABS in water to make body wash. The bar stays in the laundry closet until I'm ready to make a new batch. I didn't know all the fun I was missing by not leaving it out for everyone to see.  :tongue_smilie:

ETA. I just clicked on the Amazon link. What does it say about me that I own all of the "Frequently bought together" items. Maybe people wouldn't be puzzled at all to see unusual items in my bathroom. They'd probably just roll their eyes and think, "That looks like something Samba would buy." The only one I'd rather not explain is the squatty potty.  :leaving:

Edited by samba
  • Like 1

I dissolve ABS in water to make body wash. The bar stays in the laundry closet until I'm ready to make a new batch. I didn't know all the fun I was missing by not leaving it out for everyone to see. :tongue_smilie:

ETA. I just clicked on the Amazon link. What does it say about me that I own all of the "Frequently bought together" items. Maybe people wouldn't be puzzled at all to see unusual items in my bathroom. They'd probably just roll their eyes and think, "That looks like something Samba would buy." The only one I'd rather not explain is the squatty potty. :leaving:

I've influenced others to the squatty potty dark side, too. :tongue_smilie: