Menu

POLL- If they couldn't determine baby's gender at 20ish week ultrasound......

Jacbeaumont

71 members have voted

1. 1. If they couldn't determine gender at your 20ish week ultrasound...... did you end up having a....

• boy?
    • girl?
    • pizza?

Ha!  This sounds just like me, but with girls.  I've always found out the sex, but considered (briefly) letting the 4th be a surprise.  I got so incredibly tired of everyone making comments about maybe finally getting a boy that I simply had to find out just to shut them up.  

Me, too.

I realized all those comments were getting between me just loving my baby, and that they were all being really rude.  The baby is MY baby; and I was very thankful to get the chance to tell people before so that when the baby was here, I didn't get a lot of "oh, I'm sure you were hoping for the other kind of baby."   Babies aren't a disappointment, even if they aren't a girl, or whatever. 

• Like 1

The tech was 75% sure it was a girl - that they were pretty sure that they could see what this site calls the hamburger sign (that's not what the tech called it, but

Wait wait the hamburger is the girl?? My tech just said hamburger is boy.... Who have I got in my belly?? ... I need to figure out how to post my u/s picture now...

Wait wait the hamburger is the girl?? My tech just said hamburger is boy.... Who have I got in my belly?? ... I need to figure out how to post my u/s picture now...

Yes, I always heard that the techs are looking for the "hamburger" to know that the baby is a girl.

With my first (a boy), the ultrasound was obvious right away. No question...I was having a boy. With number two (a girl), she just didn't cooperate. Luckily, I needed to have three ultrasounds, so by the third one, she was better and the doctor said I was having a girl.

I have never had any attempts to determine gender.  I figure I was having whatever God sent me.   My midwife guessed.  She was wrong each time.  We just bought yellow and green and aqua neutral stuff. 

I guess I don't understand the desire to know.  Someone told me long ago that if God intended us to know, we'd have a window on our abdomen.  You are having a baby.  Half the fun is finding out when it comes out.

I cannot tell you how joyful it was at the birth of my friend's first boy after four girls. 

First was uncooperative and that was long enough ago you didn't get extra ultrasounds and there were no boutique places to get it done on your own. Thought he was a girl the whole time, but he was a boy :) I didn't mind waiting to find out, and back then there were lots of gender neutral clothes to buy. 

Second I was DYING to find out,and very grateful we found out at 18 week ultrasound. If we hadn't, I would have insisted on a boutique place. 

Third I was less anxious, but we did find out at the 19 week ultrasound. (see, I waited a whole extra week, lol!)

This one I wasn't anxious at all, just curious, but we did genetic testing so found out at 10 weeks. 

I will say, it's MUCH harder to find gender neutral clothes than it used to be!

I have never had any attempts to determine gender. I figure I was having whatever God sent me. My midwife guessed. She was wrong each time. We just bought yellow and green and aqua neutral stuff.

I guess I don't understand the desire to know. Someone told me long ago that if God intended us to know, we'd have a window on our abdomen. You are having a baby. Half the fun is finding out when it comes out.

I cannot tell you how joyful it was at the birth of my friend's first boy after four girls.

Would there have been disappointment if he would have been a girl? That is my worry and why I like to find out before the baby is actually here. People can work through any disappointment before baby makes the appearance.

• Like 2

I vote try to find out the sex. When I had 3 boys and was pregnant with my 4th, I found out as soon as I could which sex. I was so sick of people hoping for a girl and I didn't want to get their hopes up (I was fine either way). I also was worried someone would seem disappointed after the baby was born if it turned out to be a boy. I was very over sensitive about it. We had a healthy baby boy and everyone just said congratulations 😀.

Yes!!!! I'm so tired of others hoping for a girl for me! After my first, I always felt I was to be a mother of boys. Of course, a girl would be lovely, but i'm totally ok with four boys. Having others projecting their feelings on me and questioning me on what I really want is bothersome.

Now I'm terrified of being disappointed at the birth which is entirely silly and childish. Especially since I didn't plan this pregnancy based on a desire to "try for a girl". I'd rather just know now.

Sent from my U9200 using Tapatalk

Tell him you need new clothes! After my 3rd of the same kind in a row, I was ready to look at some new outfits!

Yes. I know, especially since mine were hand me downs to begin with so they are beyond old! Baby number three has already needed some new threads to bolster the wardrobe.

• Like 1

Would there have been disappointment if he would have been a girl? That is my worry and why I like to find out before the baby is actually here. People can work through any disappointment before baby makes the appearance.

No, she was prepared either way, obviously, after having given birth to so many girls.

But it sure was fun to be there at the moment we all found out. 

• Like 1

I voted girl, but we probably had pizza too. They couldn't tell for first or third and both were girls (as was second).

With our first, the doctor thought maybe more likely girl but put it as "I'd say 50% chance girl." We told her we could have come up with that without an ultrasound.

I know my SIL nurse with 3 boys would say that your odds are much higher for a boy than a girl.

• Like 1

For my fourth boy, we couldn't find out.  The ultrasound was so awful I could hardly id the baby.  Unless I have to, I only have one.  And I've seen a lot of ultrasounds.

We figured that the odds were that this one would be a boy.  If we were surprised I knew pink stuff would show up quickly.

ETA: We were actually glad to have a boy.  Being the youngest and a girl would have its challenges.

Edited by Punks in Ontario

Yes!!!! I'm so tired of others hoping for a girl for me! After my first, I always felt I was to be a mother of boys. Of course, a girl would be lovely, but i'm totally ok with four boys. Having others projecting their feelings on me and questioning me on what I really want is bothersome.

Now I'm terrified of being disappointed at the birth which is entirely silly and childish. Especially since I didn't plan this pregnancy based on a desire to "try for a girl". I'd rather just know now.

The one that we didn't find out, I was sure was a boy.  The baby wasn't in a line up of a string of one kind, so I wasn't invested in it, but I felt like I would have some upset if I was wrong.  Well, I was wrong, but the second she was born, I looked at her and just knew she was my baby.  She was just who she had been the whole time, and I already knew all about her.  It didn't phase me at all, which I found rather shocking.