Menu

Mama brag

Home'scool

My oldest daughter graduated in May with her degree in Biology. She always said she wanted to work in a job that impacted people individually and not just be a cog in a big wheel. Oh, and travel. That was something she wanted too.

I'm thinking - Ok, that's fine, but you will probably start at an entry level job, probably in a boring lab somewhere, and have to be a cog for a while and then work your way up to a job that you love.

Nope! A headhunter contacted her through her LinkedIn account, set up interviews, and last week she just started working for a company that is on the cutting edge of cancer research. They take the cells from stage 4 cancer patients, extract their specific DNA, and work with the Oncologist to create a custom medical treatment plan. They have been able to extend patients lives by years. It's kinda like Magic Johnson who has not had his HIV cured, but has a medical plan that has extended his life.

Her job is to extract the DNA. She is absolutely thrilled with the work and loves the company philosophy and atmosphere, etc.

They also have multiple locations such as California and overseas like Greece and Hong Kong. So there could be opportunities for her to work for them in other places.

At least I feel like I can check that box next to her name off!

• Like 29