Menu

pathetic, but I think I injured myself doing Wii Dance

SparklyUnicorn

LOL

Seriously.  One night we didn't want to drive to the gym (ice on the roads) so usually we do a workout video.  I thought for something different let's try Wii Dance.  So I really got into it.  I beat everyone every round.  But then the next day my body was killing me!!  I guess I overdid it.  Who knew Wii Dance could be so intense.  LOL

Only today am I starting to feel better (3 days later)!

• Like 7

LOL

Seriously.  One night we didn't want to drive to the gym (ice on the roads) so usually we do a workout video.  I thought for something different let's try Wii Dance.  So I really got into it.  I beat everyone every round.  But then the next day my body was killing me!!  I guess I overdid it.  Who knew Wii Dance could be so intense.  LOL

I've done that myself! Glad you're starting to feel better. My super-competitive side is saying "Hey, you won though! It was worth it then."

• Like 3

My kids and their friends did that with the kinnect on the xbox. They jumped and lunged and went all out. The next day the kids couldn't figure out why they hurt. LOL!!!!

And, who cares if it hurt? You won. YOU WON. Just don't let the kids know you're hurting. ;-)

This makes me feel better because I thought it was just old age!

• Like 2

LOL

LOL, winning is totally worth it!

I always try to win by standing slightly behind the kids and just mirroring the arm movements when I'm too tired (or uncoordinated) to do the whole body thing. Yeah, I'm a cheater pants  :lol:

• Like 3

LOL

Seriously. One night we didn't want to drive to the gym (ice on the roads) so usually we do a workout video. I thought for something different let's try Wii Dance. So I really got into it. I beat everyone every round. But then the next day my body was killing me!! I guess I overdid it. Who knew Wii Dance could be so intense. LOL

You pulled a Leonard Hofstadter! "I can't go to the ER with another video game injury..." (Just watched that episode, it's fresh in my mind.)

I used to play games like that (DDR... lots of DDR) for hours in college. Pretty sure it would kill me to try that now. Hell, I can't even play a regular video game these days without my hands cramping up.

• Like 2

I seriously messed up my ankle playing a track & field game on xbox Kinect a few years back.  It didn't hurt at the time, but I couldn't put weight on it the next day.  It never fully healed, which set me up for my tendon rupture last January.  No fun.  But, hey, I won. 

Oh man.

Well someone mentioned a Wii bowling injury.  We also played Wii bowling (which I also won).  LOL