Menu

when you get a friend request, do you feel like Sally Field?

Now, see, my friend requests have all come from my board heroes -- and I have many -- women I totally admire. And since my religious and political views put me in the minority here, I don't always feel like I have a place, like I fit in. But then, this is the only place I get to hang with other homeschoolers, so I love you kids. Every friend request gives me a little thrill, I have to admit.

"...you like me, right now, you like me!"

I do. It's thrilling. Thank you. Even though I don't know what it means, actually, and I can't figure out how to make a friend request, and I can't even muster up an avatar, I sure like getting friend requests.

Friend and Avatar Training (acronym F.A.A.T.)is just down the hall. Room 222. Last door on the left. :001_smile:

Friend and Avatar Training (acronym F.A.A.T.)is just down the hall. Room 222. Last door on the left. :001_smile:

Aw, nuts. I'm totally busted. The Avatar and Embedded Links training is actually in my inbox, since you, Dearest Doran, actually sent them to me. Now you know the awful truth, I have not invested the time to figure it out. However, stay tuned. I have the perfect photo and plan to something-load (up? down?) it very soon. It will be a most appropriate Avatar, methinks.

I noticed a request today, and felt soooo honored! I have to admit though, that I have no idea how the whole process works... I'm off to look up more info.

Enjoy the fame! Cheers!

I feel the same way.:iagree: And here's another question: When you get a friend request & accept it, then what?:confused: I'm never sure if I should pm them & thank you, talk, what? I feel like it's rude not to acknowledge it, but I'm not sure what to say.:blushing:

Now, see, my friend requests have all come from my board heroes -- and I have many -- women I totally admire. ... Every friend request gives me a little thrill, I have to admit.

So, does this mean that if I ask you to be my friend that I'll suddenly be a board hero?? That may go to my head ....

Regards,

Kareni

So, does this mean that if I ask you to be my friend that I'll suddenly be a board hero?? That may go to my head ....

Regards,

Kareni

Are you kidding me? You've been a board here since way, way back.... Since before the new board, honey. I'd have asked you already to be a friend, but, Hecuba! We are friends, and I don't know how to make that feature go.... yet.

When you get a friend request, do you feel like Sally Field?

No. I accept friendship requests, but I have never initiated one. Nor do I understand the purpose of the friends function, if it has a purpose beyond vanity or identifying with a particular group of people who share similar life philosophies.

Wasn't Johnny Depp on that when he was very young?

You know when I saw the first post about "Room 222" I totally was thinking about the show, "227". So when I saw your question I was giggling at the idea of Johnny Depp on a show with Jackée and thinking you meant "21 Jump Street"...but I looked it up and saw my mistake.

But I'm still giggling a little.

When you get a friend request, do you feel like Sally Field?

No. I accept friendship requests, but I have never initiated one. Nor do I understand the purpose of the friends function, if it has a purpose beyond vanity or identifying with a particular group of people who share similar life philosophies.

Yep, this is me too, although I am not even sure if my "friends" share my life philosophies, either. Who knows.

I have many friends, apparently (thankyou everyone) but I have never initiated a friendship because I just don't get it, and I also dont have the spare time to work it all out.

Once upon a time I would have felt like Sally Field, but I don't, really, nowadays.

No, Johnny Depp wasn't on Room 222. It starred a cutle little actress, I think her name was karen Valentine or something like that. Why would I have remembered this? Oh, also there was a black actor in it pplaying another teacher.

That black actor was totally hot. I was very, very young when that show was on, but I remember having a crush on him. My first.

You know when I saw the first post about "Room 222" I totally was thinking about the show, "227". So when I saw your question I was giggling at the idea of Johnny Depp on a show with Jackée and thinking you meant "21 Jump Street"...but I looked it up and saw my mistake.

But I'm still giggling a little.

Yes, it was 21 Jump Street. I never actually watched either show. I have never been much of a TV fan and only remember hearing about shows. Don't come between me and my TV when LOST is on though. Children are not even allowed in the room. I once put off a trip to the hospital for kidney stones until LOST was over. :tongue_smilie: