Menu

Simple candies and goodies

DawnM

I do NOT want to spend a lot of time as I dont' have it.  I have to go to an all day event tomorrow and am thinking of taking:

Buffalo Chicken Dip with chips and celery

Possibly meatballs in crockpot with BBQ sauce and grape jelly

Dessert:

7 layer bars

Maybe buckeyes????  How hard are these to make?

Maybe haystacks????

Any other easy dessert/candy?

I make some very easy peanut clusters. Melt together chocolate chips and white chocolate chips (I just eyeball it. Maybe 2/3 chocolate and 1/3 white chocolate proportionally). Mix in a jar of peanuts. Drop by spoonfuls on a foil-covered baking sheet and cool in the fridge until solid. I just peel them off of the foil and pop them into baggies to store until needed. They can also be frozen.

I don't really have a recipe, but I probably use

2 jars of peanuts

2 packages of chocolate chips

1 package of white chocolate chips

It makes a ton.

ETA: You could also add raisins if you like them. Or make some with and some without.

Edited by Storygirl
  • Like 1

buckeyes are easy enought, but you have to dip them.  I just make it into balls, put into a small paper ( like a mini cupcake paper) and pour chocolate over it with a spoon.

Fudge:  sweetened condensed milk and chocolate chips.  Two ingredients. Easy.

• Like 1

I make some very easy peanut clusters. Melt together chocolate chips and white chocolate chips (I just eyeball it. Maybe 2/3 chocolate and 1/3 white chocolate proportionally). Mix in a jar of peanuts. Drop by spoonfuls on a foil-covered baking sheet and cool in the fridge until solid. I just peel them off of the foil and pop them into baggies to store until needed. They can also be frozen.

I don't really have a recipe, but I probably use

2 jars of peanuts

2 packages of chocolate chips

1 package of white chocolate chips

It makes a ton.

ETA: You could also add raisins if you like them. Or make some with and some without.

Do you use those 16 ounce jars?

• Like 1

Thanks so much. I only had Friday night to do this as the event was yesterday and I had to leave at 9am.

I made the praline graham crackers. They all got eaten and people really liked them, BUT, mine were not thick. The picture shows them with a thick topping. I may have not cooked it long enough on the stove top?????

And I made the buckeyes with the suggestion of just putting some chocolate on top instead of dipping. Much easier. My aunt, who used to make them but can't anymore said, "Why didn't I ever think of that? I spent hours dipping those things!"

ANd I made 7 layer bars and haystacks.

But my mom's side of the family does this every year, so any suggestions will be welcome for future gatherings.