Menu

Prayers/ good vibes for my youngest dd

Anne in CA

She got "dumped" by her bestest best friend. She doesn't know why. She sobbed all the way home from cheer practice (forty minutes) and I guess she skipped 7th period and sobbed in the library. This friend worked for our restaurant for the last two years, goes on vacation with us, just had Thanksgiving with us, has been part of our family. This friend had a very traumatic childhood (parents were meth addicts) and her grandmother (who has custody of her now) is dying. I am sure her friend is in terrible pain (prayers for her too would be appreciated) and I just feel so, so sad for my kiddo.

The drama has escalated and dd came home sobbing again. At least now she is almost as mad as she is sad, and does realize that someone who treats you like this is not a friend. But this is hard for me too. This girl could have asked for one of my kidneys and I'd have given it to her. Possibly some RAD is going on here, but it doesn't make it hurt less.

I'm sorry. :grouphug:    It sounds like a lot of things are going on in her friend's life, probably causing her to make bad decisions.  

Why can't all of their problems remain like little kid problems -- like who gets to sit up front with me, or who gets to tell me about their day first.   :(    Friend/peer stuff can be so very difficult.

In fact, wouldn't that be funny, if my 20+ year-old kids came home and argued over who gets to sit in the front seat with me?  

• Like 2