Menu

Who's going to tackle Friday with me?

Jean in Newcastle

• Just returned from family three hours away - what fun!

Work on final project - this will repeat until mid-December when it's done  :)

Relax

Bemourn the fact that there are no leftovers when you celebrated somewhere else

Figure out what to make for dinner...

• Like 4

With our house renovation done and my theology courses over, and the the holidays coming on, I am in deep nesting mode!  I just wanna tidy up, make things pretty, read cozy books by the fire while sipping tea, while the scent of lots of good things that I am baking and cooking drift through the house!  I have that gemutlichkeit feeling!

Today:

Continue to dejunk and set right all the stuff that got dislodged during construction

Dh is going to rehang pictures

Gather up old coats, clothes, etc and take to church clothing drive - didn't get to this yesterday. 

Defrost turkeys for tomorrow Thanksgiving get together

Read

Nap

Walk

Dinner - leftovers

• Like 3

Eat leftovers

Bring out the Christmas decorations

Eat more leftovers

Get over the fact that my kid was brushed aside...again...by people who should love him

Watch the movies we didn't get to yesterday.

Hide from all the Gilmore lovers because I won't get a chance to watch until tomorrow (teen boys invading my house this afternoon)

• Like 3

Good morning!

Ride horses

DD wants to go to the yarn store and the art supply store, which are located in a busy shopping area that is going to be packed today.  I'm trying to decide if I have the energy to deal with a long search for a parking spot and hordes of shoppers.

Get rid of pumpkins

Put up wreaths on doors

Not cook one single thing!

Relax

• Like 2

Hi guys.  I've been in and out this week - it's just been an odd week.

I slept in a bit after driving home after midnight last night.

Took one kid to horse riding.  The other kid is nursing a toe she thinks is broken.  She ran into a door frame yesterday while playing with the cousins.  I gave her some work to do so we won't have so much homework over the weekend.  :)

I helped move a couple of big TVs that someone bought and needed out of her car.

Our fish died.  We have been expecting it, and it's a relief as she'd been on her way out for some time.  I cleaned out the tank and all that.  This is our last fish, so I plan to pass along the fish tank and stuff if I can find any takers.

I have work to do, but I'm not under any major pressure at the moment.  I hope to get about a half day worth of work done today.

We still have a houseguest until tomorrow morning.  We will probably see a movie and go to dinner tonight.

Edited by SKL
  • Like 2

My son's 5th birthday is tomorrow, along with a party. So today is major party prep/cleaning. On the list is:

- get party food/balloons DONE

- clean bathrooms (1/2 done)

- vacuum (done upstairs, waiting for kids to go to bed before doing downstairs)

- dust DONE

- sweep/mop DONE

- make cake

- clean front and back windows

• Like 1

Kitchen clean

Went through all the mail and sorted out bills

Tried to deal with a customer service issue but got an answering service who swore to me that the office was actually open.  So I drove to the office since the answering service knew absolutely nothing, to find out that the office was not open.  I was not the only customer trying their door.  Grump!

• Like 1

Hi all, I am back from my bout of stomach flu since Wednesday. It was ick, but I missed a not so fun family gathering, so maybe not so terrible. Today, we bought a new little tree for our little house, dd1 decorated a beautiful wreath, and we decorated the inside of the house.

So yay!

Hope you all had a wonderful day!

• Like 2

Jean you rocked today, even if the office wasn't open.

Jen, glad you are feeling better!

I didn't get all my list done, but did do lots of organizing, cleaning out closets etc. And we ate up most of the random leftovers in the fridge.

Dropped four trash bags of stuff at the thrift store and got 4 prs of pants, a shirt and brand new Tevas for ds, all for $13.

Got to visit with my mom some and watched The Force Awakens with Dd and Dh.

A good day. Many blessings to be thankful for!

• Like 1