Menu

I CLEANED my oven today!!

theelfqueen

Cleaning the oven is on my agenda as well. It's self cleaning, but I've never done it because my understanding is it produces a lot of fumes and the windows should be open, but I only ever think of it at this time of year when it's cold. Is it that bad? Our oven gets really smoky as it is if we run it at 500, so I'm kind of nervous.

I've only done it once in the twenty years we've lived here for that reason.  It got really hot and stinky.  

Congratulations, OP!  

Overachiever!!!

I've been working on eating all the wrong foods (at a hospital no less - one would think they'd have better choices) and gaining weight from no exercise.  (sigh)

Tomorrow we'll be shoveling snow and ought to be able to get to a fried chicken restaurant I love.  It's not any healthier, but it sure tastes better.

I cleaned out my Tupperware drawer so that it closes. I finally realized I didn't need so many containers and if I had fewer, the drawer would close and I could find the tops.

Yes, I've been living on my own-I mean in my own place--for 27 years. Some of us are slow. Lol

Edited by freesia
  • Like 1

Cleaning the oven is on my agenda as well. It's self cleaning, but I've never done it because my understanding is it produces a lot of fumes and the windows should be open, but I only ever think of it at this time of year when it's cold. Is it that bad? Our oven gets really smoky as it is if we run it at 500, so I'm kind of nervous.

Huh, I always do it in winter bc it heats up the house. I never worried about the fumes . Maybe u should .

It probably depends on how dirty your oven is. I run mine every few months and the fumes aren't bad at all, although I do prefer to do it on a day when I can crack a window or two.