Menu

At long last...Eagle Project is DONE!

LisaKinVA

It only took 15 months from start to finish, but the kid (LEGOManiac) finished his Eagle Project today.  His original plan probably was 4 projects worth, and did get edited down substantially -- but it's done.  Onto finishing paperwork, and Board of Review.

His project was building/installing equipment for the Dog Park at Carney Park (Italian/American park inside a dead volcano), as well as refinishing the benches.  I'm hoping son #2 will take on the fencing and the shelters, in 2018, and hoping there is one other scout to take over the grounds (installing some gravel, finishing the landscaping and installing signage.)

This is a huge thing off of our "to-do" list for the year.  Now back to cleaning and decorating for Christmas.

• Like 28

It only took 15 months from start to finish, but the kid (LEGOManiac) finished his Eagle Project today.  His original plan probably was 4 projects worth, and did get edited down substantially -- but it's done.  Onto finishing paperwork, and Board of Review.

His project was building/installing equipment for the Dog Park at Carney Park (Italian/American park inside a dead volcano), as well as refinishing the benches.  I'm hoping son #2 will take on the fencing and the shelters, in 2018, and hoping there is one other scout to take over the grounds (installing some gravel, finishing the landscaping and installing signage.)

This is a huge thing off of our "to-do" list for the year.  Now back to cleaning and decorating for Christmas.

Oh Lisa!!!

Congratulations!  I know *exactly* how stressful this Eagle thing can be and the pressure to get it done!  (My guy is finishing up his project today and then we only have paperwork.)  What a huge thing to be done with for the year!~ 

• Like 8

Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ds just finished his last Merit Badge--the project is next.  ACK!

• Like 1

Congrats! Always nice to achieve a milestone!

My son had the weather gods smile on him, so he was able to pour concrete in time to get all the paperwork done. It was actually harder to arrange the ceremony than do the project, as college started two weeks after the BofR and the windows were limited.