Menu

can you stand another disney question???

lynn

That's a hard question to answer. Do you plan on park hopping? We sometimes start at one park and go back to another for something specific, such as a parade or fireworks. Or a late-night EMH (haven't with the little kids though...Would be fun with older kids!). We have annual passes, so we plan on being able to hop around. One day I want to do the thing where you ride a big ride at each park. We're Disney dorks. :)

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/faq/tickets/magic-your-way-ticket-upgrade/

Edited by zoobie

It depends on what time of year you are going. We go in the off season, usually in January. It is important for us because some parks close really early and we wanted to play more so we would go to another park for their night-time shows. We could open and close animal kingdom and then go into Epcot for the night time things.

But if the parks were all open late, then we could play in the same park all day and be happy with that.

• Like 1

We almost NEVER buy hoppers at WDW. I don't like the break in themeing during the day :D or losing between parks travel time...

We ALWAYS hop at Disneyland.

:iagree:   Although, at Disneyland, we did 1 day at each park and that was fine and was plenty for us.  We've never park hopped and have been to all the parks. 

Highly recommend that you buy Park Hopper tickets. We bought 4 day Park Hopper tickets, at the end of April 2016.  One day we were in 2 parks.  One day we were in 4 parks. That was the day we planned to be in Epcot the entire day but left early and went to 3 other parks, to shop for something DD hadn't bought the first time she saw it, to ride the train in MK, which wasn't running the day we were in MK, etc. Epcot was a disappoint for us this time. My wife and I had been there years ago and enjoyed Epcot, but not this time.

DO NOT SKIP UNIVERSAL ORLANDO!  That is tops in our memories. Buy the tickets that permit one to be in both parks, so you can ride the Harry Potter train and go back and forth between the parks. 

Enjoy your trip!

We visited WDW 8 years ago. Park hopper tickets were essential for our family. However my kids are spread out in ages. We spent 5 days in the parks. We took the morning together as a family. After lunch we split up. The approach worked very because of the diverse ages and needs in my family.

We visited Universal last year with 3 day park hopper tickets. We didn't split up, but I think park hopper is essential there for other reasons.

We can always stand another Disney question. 

You cannot upgrade one ticket if you purchased a package. 

Is it worth it? Well, we thoroughly enjoyed 10+ trips with the kids and no park hoppers. However, they were included in our last package, and I must say we really enjoyed having them.

The kids were older (teens) and we had all been multiple times, so there were some things they wanted to do in certain parks without spending the whole day there. For example, they love Expedition Everest, but they can only ride it so many times in one day. Park hoppers meant they could ride it on two different days.

With limited Fastpasses, we had to get Toy Story Mania ones for a day we didn't want to spend at Hollywood Studios. So, we went and did that and a couple of other things, then moved on to our preferred park with less crowds for the day.

We went in December, so we picked Magic Kingdom on days with the Very Merry Christmas Party - it's much less crowded on those days, because it closes early. We enjoyed the low crowds there, and then spent the evenings at a different park.  

One evening, we split up for two different parks. 

So, I was forced into trying them, but now I'm a big fan! Whether it's worth it for you depends on a couple of things. 

What's the crowd level when you are going? I'd be very inclined to get them during higher crowd times (including the more popular off-season times). 

How often and how recently have you been? The less often you have been, the more likely it is that you can find plenty to explore and fill the time in each park. Ditto if you haven't been in a long time. If you have been multiple times, then each person may have their favorites that they want to do more than once, or shows that they are willing to park hop for. 

How compatible is the group, and how do you feel about splitting up? We were always quite compatible at Disney, and rarely split up even within a park on most of our trips. I would just wait for them while they did horrifying stuff like Mission: Space or Alice's Teacups, lol. We are still compatible enough that it would be no big deal to all be in the same park all day, but it was a nice plus that dd2 and I could be at Magic Kingdom while they went to Fantasmic, instead of just heading back to the hotel (great show, but we both freak out a bit at the crowds). 

When are you going? I'm ready for my next trip! 

If one has gone to Disney only a few times, has not been in awhile, has never been to Disney, or has young children, then he most likely cannot use a park hopper. They are only good for those who only do one or two things before moving on to the next park.

I have an annual pass, am there 6 times a year, and still rarely park hop. There is just too much to do at each park. I am exhausted by the time I finish one.

We are getting ready to leave for our 3rd trip -- first time with hoppers.  We have very specific things we want to do in each park this time and plan to skip a lot of rides.  We want to slow down and smell the roses this trip.  We do have night shows we want to see at the different parks, but don't want to spend the whole day in a park.  We feel it is worth it this time.  It was an extra $200 for 4 of us for 5 day tickets with hoppers vs. without hoppers.  We stay off-site and drive to the parks and are willing to take the time to move to a different park during the day.