Menu

Anyone else can't wait till Nov. 4th is over?

Ok, I really should be getting dd's up for school, but the crud is running through our house and I'm using the excuse that they need rest either to get over the crud or hold it off ;)

I'm really ready for all this political talk and debate to be over. Anyone else? I probably need to just put one of those ignore things on because I just can't help myself. I never post to any of them, but I'm saddened by other people's responses and my own that never get typed. And unfortunately, by my view of people now.

25 days to go! Ok, probably more because whoever wins, there will be some who won't be able to leave it alone.

Thanks for letting me get this out. I've been thinking it for a couple weeks.

YEAH!!! You just shaved 2 or 3 days off the wait! I had it in my head it was the 6th or 7th!!

Luckily my life is SOO busy the next 3 weeks that it will probably just zoom by!!

Maybe we should have a glad it's over shindig when the last polling place closes on that day!! :)

Tara

Lol- it doesn't stop on Nov 4th in our house. We just don't jump on the politics bandwagon when it's election year.

I never judge anyone by their views on political matters. Someone can be completely ignorant in matters or just take policy positions I can't agree with but they can be a wiz at something else and take a position on other matters I do agree with.

Ah, so I'm not the only one! Good to know. I sincerely hope that there is a clear winner and none of that lawsuit junk. Though now that we've set a precedence, it will be all to easy to do.

Hopefully, I can have some more self control and not click on any threads that will get me "riled up" :)

Oh, I haven't hopped on any political bandwagon just for the season...I always stick my head in the sand. :tongue_smilie: It's just too disturbing knowing that there are people out there who believe in certain things that I find appalling. I'd rather think that everyone held my views:lol:

:iagree:

I've been thinking lately that the sad thing about the election process is that I come away with less respect for everyone involved. (I mean the candidates and the media. Not people here.)

Before the election I liked Obama and McCain. I thought they both seemed like pretty good men. I disagreed with them both on some things and agreed with them both on some things and I respected them both.

Now...not so much. I'll vote for the one that I still agree with the most on the issues. But I've lost respect for both of them. I just feel like somehow the long process makes everyone come out covered with mud. It makes me sad.

Looking forward to the election grand finale. What saddens me most is that no matter which candidate wins, well over half the population will be miserable. Lots of "are these our only choices" or "lesser of two evils" comments. How can this be a good thing for our country? Half vote for one candidate; half vote for the other. Yet roughly half of each set of votes are choosing the party preference, not who they feel would represent them best.

Remember the 2000 election debacle Bush v. Gore? Did you know that this was not the worst election ever? Our 19th presidential election was really no better. Rutherford B. Hayes v. Samuel Tilden had to be decided by a congressional commission. Tilden won poular vote; Hayes won electoral vote. Hayes' nickname became "RutherFRAUD" B. Hayes. It's not just our generation. This lunacy has always been around. With cable TV you can now get it 24/7. Aren't we lucky? LOL

Can we fast forward to Thanksgiving? Lots of turkey, mashed potatoes, Macy's Day Parade and NO political commentary.

Pass the dip, please?:tongue_smilie:

ME! ME! ME!

I am so sick of it all! I told my hubby last night that everytime I hear either one of them speak I hear the Charlie Brown teacher.

"Wah-wah-wah-wah-wah-wah-wah.":glare:

:lol::lol:

Oh, my! This is the best description of "campaign-speak" I have ever heard! Thank you for a much-needed laugh! (I'm sitting here waiting for dd to finish a writing assignment. Or was it a whining assignment? There isn't much difference in this house!)

-Robin

Looking forward to the election grand finale. What saddens me most is that no matter which candidate wins, well over half the population will be miserable. Lots of "are these our only choices" or "lesser of two evils" comments. How can this be a good thing for our country? Half vote for one candidate; half vote for the other. Yet roughly half of each set of votes are choosing the party preference, not who they feel would represent them best.

I think the saddest thing to me is to realize the absolutely fundamental difference of beliefs in this country can remove the good of our country from the equation and put winning as the most important thing ever. I *knew* that there were people who believed one way and I believed another, but the differences go so deep and are so far apart that I don't see how the gap can be bridged. The middle of the road voter doesn't seem to really exist and the middle candidate is nowhere to be found.

When I was listening to the post debate commentary all I could think was that both of these men are liars. They flat out lied about voting records, different statements and beliefs of the other and then defended their lies. It's not misrepresentation of facts (although there is plenty of that going on) It is flat out lies. And these are the men we want to run our country?!? How depressing.

I don't think that election day will end anything. It's just that the focus would change. I have great election recount/fraud allegation anxiety for this election, and fear it getting very, very ugly.

Whoever wins, I think we're headed into a dark, ugly, divisive time. Yes, darker and uglier and more divisive than it is right now.

Golly, I wish it were over too, but, um ... that doesn't mean that I only jump on the political bandwagon once a year :001_huh:

Tracey in TX how right you are. I was telling my dh last night that it is so sad to think that there are people voting one party just to keep the other party from being in office. Actually, I think TXmomof4 said it much better than I just did. I'm trying not to think about the "dark, ugly, devisive times" but Mama Lynx you might be right.