Menu

? for those who are divorced

Nemom

Please delete if this is not allowed.

Can anyone recommend any online divorce forums? Does not have to be strictly Christian.

Papers have already been filed so I'm not looking for sites that will encourage me to stay with the marriage. It has been a long year and I am in need of a safe place to share and find encouragement from here forward.

I've looked into support groups at local churches but have only really found "save your marriage" support options.

TIA

I used to visit the Cafemom forums. They have ones for divorcing, divorced and single moms (which often discusses divorce).   I haven't been there in a while and it's much more "anything goes" than these forums so people aren't always friendly but it served it's purpose for me when I needed it.

Unfortunately, I have no family to support me. Only child whose father has passed away and a mother who decided she no longer wanted to be a mother 30 years ago and disappeared. Grandparents are gone and no Aunts, Uncles or Cousins around or that I know. (All a very long story).

My inner circle of friends consists of conservative, married Christians. No one can relate.

I've been seeing a counselor for about a year but she can only do so much.

I think there are many here who have been through a divorce. Maybe you could start a group under the social group section for now until you find something else?

Only have a moment but seriously consider doing this.  

Start your own private group on WTM through the social group section.  You can make it unsearchable off of the internet.  Post here on the chat board and people can ask to be a member on your thread or through PM if they want to keep it private.  You send them a private invite, they accept, you make them a member and start whatever topics the members want.  You can set the privacy settings as high as you need.

• Like 2

Thank you everyone.

There are no current DivorceCare groups in my area. I briefly looked at the Cafe Mom forums. Didn't see much but may need to go back and look around some more.

I may take you up in the PM's as I'm really needing some encouragement. A new group on here would be wonderful but I honestly don't know if I have the energy right now to take that on.

:grouphug: Sorry you're feeling so alone right now. Hopefully you take this community up on its offer to be your support system.

Divorce is hard enough as it is, this is no time to be slogging through life feeling alone. If you set up a WTM group, post the link here.

Would someone else be willing to set up the group since OP is not sure she is up to it? I would but I am not dealing with this at the moment so it seems inappropriate for me to do so.

Thank you for asking this.