Menu

I need skinny jeans for my skinny dd. . .

12yodd is tall and thin. Girls sizes don't fit because they're too big around, and several inches too short. Dd would wear size 10 in the waist, and size 14 or 16 in length.

Last year, I found some size 00 jeans at a thrift store that fit for awhile, but they're getting small. I believe size 0 will fit, but I don't know where to find them (haven't been able to find more at the thrift store). I found some at The Limited, but they're $69.99 :001_huh: (I don't think so.)

So, where can I find size 0 jeans at a decent price?

Anyone?

Thanks.

Have you tried American Eagle Outfitters? They carry that size, and I think you can usually find some of their jeans for around $30 to $40.

Also, I'm not sure about their sizing, but I know that Steve & Barry's carries jeans for under $10 that follow the trends and styling of places like Gap and AE. It might be worth looking to see if they carry her size. Good luck!

my dd, age 14, is very small. She wears a size 00 and the only places that we can find that size are the surf shops. These are mostly local shops , however we do have a Pac Sun and that is where she finds her best fitting jeans and they are almost always on sale for around $20.00 or $25.00. This past week we were able to find her sweat pants in size extra small at Hollister's (we didn't look at the jeans there as she does not need any) but I would assume that they carry small sizes.

Forever 21, sometimes named XXI. Their skinny jeans go so skinny I've always wondered if any human could actually wear them! :lol: Their sizes are numbers: a 25 is a junior 4 (21 + 4). Their prices are good, too.

Other teen stores that carry skinny jeans are Charlotte Russe and Delia's.

I have 3 teen dd's who like this style!

Beth

She's 16 now weighs 105 pounds and is 5'8'. She used to wear size 00 before she started blooming now she wears a 3 which is still hard to find. We have had great luck with finding her jeans (even 00) at Kohl's. They're always having a sale so you can usually get them for $15-$20.

I believe they sell 00 at Old Navy. The other thing I would check is Target. This year they have slim jeans for $7, it's worked for my dd, but she is a bit younger. (She can wear size 4, but needs size 6 in length)

I buy Target pants with adjustable waistbands for my two skinny kids.

Hi Suzanne,

I'm very thin, and someone told me to go to Western Warehouse--I think that's the name. One of their locations is in Coronado Mall. Anyway, if she doesn't mind wearing Wranglers, she might find something to fit her there. They do have other brands too I think. The ones I got were thin enough to fit me, but they were many inches too long. I'm short, but I just cut off the length and rehemmed them. I couldn't believe someone could be so tall and be as thin as I am. Ha!

Another thing I have done is to order my jeans custom made through Land's End. I love those jeans!

my dd usually has luck at Kohls or Aeropostale. Both places you can get jeans for $30 or less. She used to wear 00 but has graduated to a size 0. I also think you can find the jeans in short, medium or tall.

I had an awful time finding dressier pants for dd. Most places don't sell 0 dress pants. She is 16 and is only 90 lbs soaking wet.

Limited Too and Gymboree slim cut work well for my tall, skinny dd. Adjustable waistbands are also a must. She's only 8 now, but with aunts over six feet I think she's destined to join them. Long Elegant Legs carries junior sizes, I think. They are pricey, but when you're an unusual size sometimes there's no way to avoid paying extra.

Have you looked at the slim sizes in Old Navy, the Gap, or Limited, Too? I find that those fit DD pretty well. I don't ever pay full price at those stores--I shop the clearance and end of season sales, and often will find just one pair of jeans in, say, 12S. I try to buy ahead for the next season. So last spring, when the winter stuff was deeply discounted, I bought her jeans for this fall.

Also, if you can find yoga pants, they are very comfortable and soft, often with adjustable waists, and sometimes DD wears them as gauchos even though they intended to be full lenght. That looks pretty nice on her!

Wow! Thanks everyone! I'm making a list of all the stores you've listed (at least the ones I've heard of). Many of you listed stores we don't have hear in the southwest. We used to get Gymboree, but they only go up to size 12, which are all too short. I haven't tried Old Navy or Kohls. She lives in Lands End Yoga pants, but is starting to like jeans more than she did before. :o) Anyway, you've all been a great help.

Ugh. I hate shopping.