Menu

Do you eat in bed?

Miss Peregrine

I have my first cup of coffee in bed in the morning. It's heavenly. :-) 

When I was pregnant with DS, I kept an emergency cracker supply on my bedside table. I needed to munch a few crackers before I did much more than lift my head off the pillow for a few months there. 

Oh - once a couple of summers ago, it was a crazy hot day with no breeze and the only room that had A/C was our bedroom. We all took our dinner up and ate it on our bed. :-) (covers fully pulled up to prevent possible crumbs in bed)

Aside from that - no. 

• Like 1

No. Unless I just had a baby and then i do stay kn bed for a week and mama has to eat!

Food is generally only allowed at the table. Popcorn is an exception --- or whatever adults eat in the living room, double standard - it's good to be king

• Like 2

No. I only do it when forced by an over eager child who romanticizes breakfast in bed and cheerfully brings it to me as a surprise.

Same here. I don't like eating in bed--it just feels weird to me. But I have had a couple "special" breakfasts in bed when the dc thought they'd treat me.

Other than that, the only time I eat in bed is when we're traveling and pick up food to eat at the hotel. Sitting on the bed vs being "in" bed has a  different feel to me. Or maybe it's just being in a hotel vs being at home in my own bed. Plus there aren't often enough chairs to sit in so we end up just sitting on the bed to eat. Those are the times we also watch tv while eating which we almost never do at home.

Yep. Not often, because I like to be sitting up when I eat (and can never seem to be sitting upright enough in bed), but I don't have any hard and fast rule for it. I don't eat crumby things there, but if it's something that won't make a mess, and I'm in the middle of something and need quiet or just need some time alone, the bed is fair game.

We don't tend to have a lot of bugs here--just little spiders, and they don't care about crumbs--so maybe that's part of the reason it doesn't faze me? The kids eat in their rooms sometimes too, though if they're messy they lose the privilege. 

We also eat in the living room and the car! We're totally wanton :lol: DH has even been known to bring his coffee into the bathroom, but that's going too far, IMO!

Edited by ILiveInFlipFlops

I don't like to eat in bed, it's too wobbly, but sometimes the kids have brought me breakfast in bed on Mother's Day or my birthday.

When I was a younger mom (and probably pregnant), I would nap in the afternoon and just barely be able to get myself out of bed. So, when I would wake up from a nap, I would try to get one of the kids to get me a little snack, maybe Ritz Crackers or a cheese stick or something.  I NEEDED something to eat before I could peel myself out of the covers....  

I've had coffee in bed almost every morning for the last eleven years since DH and I got married. He brings it to me. I am spoiled.

I had to eat many meals in bed when I was on bedrest for the last few weeks of my pregnancy with DS and several times when on sort of rest with Baby Boy. (Apparently my boys give me blood pressure problems). We've also had dessert in bed many nights after the kids are asleep. I do try to keep the crumbs to a minimum though.

I just realized that, although we do not eat in bedrooms, I do use our bedroom as extra pantry storage.  I have a 25-pound bag of oats under my dresser.  On top of our wardrobe, we have boxes of pasta, cans of tomatoes, olives, and beans.  I keep extras of my husband's snacks up there too.  So, technically, a mouse could have a heyday in our room even though we don't eat in it.  But we've never had a rodent/insect problem upstairs (the trap door in our bathroom leading to the Pit of Despair is a whole other story though...ugh).

We did have friends over with a rather sassy ten-year-old who ate Oreos on my son's bed...after she had been told twice that we don't allow food upstairs.  Oh, I was livid when I discovered all the crumbs!

I love to escape from the kids and eat in bed/on the bed. I usually don't eat dinner until after they all turn in at about 9:30, so I combine my dinner with a good book. We have a really firm mattress, so I could even set my water glass on the bed and not worry about it. As for crumbs, whatever hits the bed is hoovered up immediately by the four dogs who are sitting on the bed, waiting for a delectable morsel to drop.

Yes, we have dogs who sleep on the bed, and one even sleeps under the covers. We have never had a problem with bugs in the bedroom.

• Like 1

My dad was very strict about food and computers, too.  

I would really horrify him - I like to eat in bed while playing on my laptop. 

Now that the kids are older, every room is fair game. They are good about not leaving dishes or wrappers, but we tend to have water glasses all over creation. We just do a daily hunt while loading the dishwasher. 

• Like 2

Maybe, sometimes. Not especially often. I tend to eat on the armchair in my room if we are late night snacking because sitting up in bed is kinda uncomfortable for me.

We also have an absolute rule about only having one tv and no TVs ever in any bedrooms. So if it's movie night, we are on the sectional in the living room.

• Like 1

I don't eat in bed.  

I do have my first cup of coffee in bed most mornings.  I wish I had the whole cup in bed, but usually I have to get up about half way through and start taking care of people or else one of them will be jumping all over me.