Menu

Ever feel apologetic for too many good news?

kiso1

Ever feel bad to those around you for having so many good things happen to you at the same time? That's a bit how I'm feeling about right now.

First the acceptance into the business school at DS's university, and now a grant which came through. And it's more than enough to completely pay for the COA at his university.

I'm almost really ashamed to be this happy.

:huh:  :hurray:  :sad: :party:  :001_rolleyes: 

• Like 19

Things like this keep me going and balance out the other cr*p in my life.

Recently my younger one got a gold medal on the National Latin Exam Prose test, and my older one was inducted into Phi Theta Kappa. Those events have put a bounce in my step for weeks now.

Enjoy!  :hurray:  :hurray:  :hurray:

• Like 6

A huge congrats!!!! :party:

...and, Nope. I never feel apologetic for the good things! DD (and I) have worked - HARD - the past many years. Her achievements weren't just "lucky happenings" and didn't just land in her lap. She worked and researched and made a lot of hard choices over the years to make her present/future possible.

Zero apologies. If ppl we know don't want to celebrate dds worked-for achievements, they can bite me. :laugh:

(with that said, it's certainly not as if we announced every single major scholarship or award she has received... but I did share quite a few, with her permission.)

• Like 2

No, I don't feel guilty. I also am not one to share too much good news, and my kids have often commented that I don't share enough.  Things may be going really, really well in one area of our family life, but we struggle in others. I don't talk much about either though, so it's balanced. ;)

• Like 1