Menu

Do your kids read the boards here?

Mine have started doing that. DD sometimes asks me to post questions in hopes that the cooler, younger ladies on here will persuade me that she is right and I am wrong. Sometimes I change my mind about things after reading what you all think.

Two of the DS routinely read over my shoulder and if I leave computer unattended with the boards up, they will read through the posts -- especially mine. Luckily, I've been around to stop them before they reply to something and it is linked to my user name. They are full of *helpful* advice for adults, being that they are so wise for their years.

Also luckily, they are not interested in tea.

RC

Edited by RoughCollie

Nope, I don't like shoulder peepers either, but it reminds me of something funny........ I can't remember if it was here or on my horse blog, but someone's little boy posted something about "You horses are boring!"

The mom was horrified but I thought it was so funny, because that's exactly what my kids think about my horses most of the time. I got a big kick out of it.

DD sometimes asks me to post questions in hopes that the cooler, younger ladies on here will persuade me that she is right and I am wrong. Sometimes I change my mind about things after reading what you all think.

Cute! :D

But, no. I don't invite ds to read through the boards, and I fuss at him for reading over my shoulder. No good reason.

My dc don't read the boards or over my shoulder, but if I read something funny or something I find interesting I will share it with them.

I shared the names of the social groups I joined with my dd, because I knew she would enjoy them.

Oh, and I invite them to come look at pictures sometimes. The last one was of "Toddler in Duck Tape". Hopefully, I have not planted any seeds...

No way, they're not allowed to. In my house, this is my forum;). None of my dc use the internet yet, and none of them are asking to use it so far. My eldest has finally gone so far as to say she'll need to have an email address before she goes to university/college, which I agreed was a good idea. As for dh, most of the time he just doesn't get the jokes I think are funny and by the time I explain the context he's not really as interested as I am. For him, the internet is for getting the weather & sports information and looking at antique bottles up for auction.

my 16 yr.old dd uses the boards with me whe she wants to research a particular curriculum and see what others have to say. She also goes to the High School board to look at ACT/SAT questions and ideas. When I'm posting, I don't like them to be around,though...I may be talking about them, ha.

I stop the kids from reading over my shoulder because it drives me nuts.

I don't want them to read the boards, but I know if I come right out and forbid it, it will become the forbidden fruit, and they will right away think they are missing something by not reading it. (I hope I punctuated that sentence correctly.)

So I keep it low key, but this MY place, so I make sure now that I return the computer screen to my desktop so they are not reminded of it. They have their own computer now, too, so they don't use mine very much any more.

RC

I stop the kids from reading over my shoulder because it drives me nuts.

I don't want them to read the boards, but I know if I come right out and forbid it, it will become the forbidden fruit, and they will right away think they are missing something by not reading it. (I hope I punctuated that sentence correctly.)

So I keep it low key, but this MY place, so I make sure now that I return the computer screen to my desktop so they are not reminded of it. They have their own computer now, too, so they don't use mine very much any more.

RC

Too funny, as I could have written this verbatim. I love my children and share almost everything with them. Only exception is my cheeseburger and my online conversations. Just a teeny bit of me that they don't get.

My daughter sometimes reads over my shoulder....and sometimes I mention this or that from the board, even asking their opinions. And my daughter knows how to get on here if I die or something.

But I must be missing something. I have seen reference to tea twice in the last two days yet have no idea what on earth y'all are referencing other than it must not be tea like the drink sitting on my desk right now.

Ds can't read yet, and I wouldn't allow dd to read the boards because this is my place to relax and socialize, and because I feel that it is a place for adult discussions that aren't really relevant to her at her age and sometimes wouldn't be appropriate for her. She has never shown any interest in reading the boards. I do share funny stories from here sometimes, and she has gone through phases where she would urge me to post certain things (usually something funny that one of the kids said or something comical that happened).

My daughter sometimes reads over my shoulder....and sometimes I mention this or that from the board, even asking their opinions. And my daughter knows how to get on here if I die or something.

But I must be missing something. I have seen reference to tea twice in the last two days yet have no idea what on earth y'all are referencing other than it must not be tea like the drink sitting on my desk right now.

Tea is a newish board euphimism for s*x. There, I said it outright.