Menu

Reimbursements, how long do you wait??? Say something??

Prairie~Phlox

My daughter was in a homeschool drama, I was the meal committee manager, I spent just over $200 opp, gave my receipts to the director on the 18th of March, play was 18th & 19th. I know she had to get with the treasurer & that I wasn't the only one that needs to be reimbursed. In an e-mail sent yesterday, I mentioned dd wouldn't be at the cast party on April 30th & that I hoped I could be reimbursed before then. I haven't gotten a response, but she works full time now (kids are graduated) Do I contact the treasurers wife & see if reimbursements are coming soon? I put the charges on a credit card, so not a huge deal, but I don't like that I have to wait weeks for this.

• Like 1

Oh yeah, it I would have expected it by now.  You mentioned contacting the treasurer's wife- I'd contact the treasurer directly just to make sure he got your message.  The show's financials should be closed out long before a cast party held weeks after the show. 

• Like 2

Contact the treasurer, not the treasurer's wife. It's not her job.... only contact her if you don't have her spouse's contact info, and then only get that, it's not her job to do the other stuff.

• Like 7

I only have the treasurers wife contact information, that's why it would be through her.  I don't know his e-mail or phone number, only hers.

Then contact her and ask for his contact info.

• Like 2

A month before I nag. Most times the turn around is after two weeks. Someone help compile the receipts into a spreadsheet and then the treasurer would issue the checks and pass the checks to another person to counter check.

Edited by Arcadia

I would contact the treasurer and ask what to expect.  I've experienced long waits and short waits, depending on the organization.   I agree with a pp that when you said "April 30" you sort of set that up as your deadline, or at least indicated that you didn't need further communication on the subject.  I do think most organizations that regularly reimburse people have specific procedures and timelines in place so the person in charge should be able to give you an idea of when it will be done.

Although why a month? I cannot fathom why it should take that long.

I'd probably give it 2 weeks. I think that is more than enough.

In a lot of groups I've been in reimbursements need board approval and the board generally only meets once a month (at most).