Menu

Got the vitamix. I blame you!

KungFuPanda

Yesterday was my birthday. I finally got a vitamix! I got the squatty red one that fits under the counter. The first blend was margaritas! The seeds just disappeared. Dd (aka Fruit Bat Smoothie Girl) is more excited than me. I wanted you all to accept your fair share of the peer pressure blame.

• Like 7

Welcome to the dark side  :laugh:

And Happy Birthday!

And also...

Mango Frozen Daiquiri

3 c mango chunks (fresh is best, the ripest you can find)

3/4 c cracked ice

4 oz gold rum

1/3 c water

1/4 c fresh lime juice

1/4 c superfine sugar

(Optional: freeze the mango chunks for 2ish hours)

Throw everything in the Vitamix.  Let it blend longer than you think it should.  Enjoy!

Seeds in a margarita?  What did you make it with?

FWIW, my Vitamix is one of the few things I have bought that have lived up to the hype. My Vitamix, kitchen aid stand mixer,  zoji bread machine and my (inherited, not bought) old school electrolux canister vacuum have all been amazing in terms of durability and performance. 

• Like 1

Seeds in a margarita?  What did you make it with?

FWIW, my Vitamix is one of the few things I have bought that have lived up to the hype. My Vitamix, kitchen aid stand mixer,  zoji bread machine and my (inherited, not bought) old school electrolux canister vacuum have all been amazing in terms of durability and performance. 

LOL--this is practically my list of "want to buy" household products--add in the Insta-Pot and I'm all over it.

• Like 1

The recipe was a whole peeled orange, a whole peeled lime, a whole peeled lemon, then the boozes and ice cubes. The seeds from the fruit where nowhere to be found.

Oh yes, I've heard that adding a little cyanide to the margaritas gives them a certain je ne sais quoi :D

Bill

Edited by Spy Car

Definitely going to try this! Thanks for sharing!

Both my teens liked it.  Which is next to impossible to have happen.  So gald the price of cauliflower came down around here.  For awhile there I was priced out of the cauliflower market.

• Like 1

LOL--this is practically my list of "want to buy" household products--add in the Insta-Pot and I'm all over it.

I feel like now that I own the trinity (Kitchenaid mixer, cuisinart food processor, and vitamix blender) my life is complete. I'm having none of that insta pot hype. La la la, I can't hear you! Edited by KungFuPanda
  • Like 1

I'm attempting to build up a tolerance in case I need to engage in a battle of wits against a Sicilian when death is on the line.

Wrong poison.  It is supposed to be iocane powder.  I suppose one can make do with cyanide.

I have no desire for an 'insta-pot' because I don't see the need for it. I love my pressure cooker and I have (but rarely use) a slow cooker. I am not sure what need the insta-pot would meet.

But, I can go on and on about how really good my zoji is.  I got it on sale. Years and years ago I was on the King Arthur site and it was on sale.  We just happened to have the money and we jumped on it.  It has been a workhorse. DH, not even me, said if it every dies we will have to replace it right away, lol. He's never even used the thing, lol.

And I am so sad that electrolux no longer makes their amazing vacuums.  I am dead serious that I would probably grab ours on the way out of the house if there was a fire. It is irreplaceable.

Yesterday was my birthday. I finally got a vitamix! I got the squatty red one that fits under the counter. The first blend was margaritas! The seeds just disappeared. Dd (aka Fruit Bat Smoothie Girl) is more excited than me. I wanted you all to accept your fair share of the peer pressure blame.

I have that same machine. :thumbup1:

I have no desire for an 'insta-pot' because I don't see the need for it. I love my pressure cooker and I have (but rarely use) a slow cooker. I am not sure what need the insta-pot would meet.

But, I can go on and on about how really good my zoji is. I got it on sale. Years and years ago I was on the King Arthur site and it was on sale. We just happened to have the money and we jumped on it. It has been a workhorse. DH, not even me, said if it every dies we will have to replace it right away, lol. He's never even used the thing, lol.

And I am so sad that electrolux no longer makes their amazing vacuums. I am dead serious that I would probably grab ours on the way out of the house if there was a fire. It is irreplaceable.

I am with you on the electrolux. 23 years and still going strong. Although I am about to replace the hose for the 3rd time. I am sad they are not the vacuum they used to be.

I have a Blendtec and am so glad I finally stepped up my blender game. I had a Bosch universal and just never got the power I wanted from the blender. The only thing is I didn't want so many huge appliances so I sold the Bosch and now I miss having a mixer. ;-p

I did jump on the Instant pot bandwagon and I am really glad I did. I'm loving it so far, and like that it replaces my crock pot, rice cooker AND gives me a pressure cooker (which I probably never would've purchased). In addition, I can take the raw milk we get and it'll pasteurize it, then make it into yogurt! I also love that it is stainless and doesn't leach any questionable particles from anything into my food. 

I'm still going to need a Kitchen Aid mixer at some point, and a good food processor (mine is crappy but I really don't use it that much so I'm not ready to spend a fortune).