Menu

Ok, one more time. Healthy eating.

Night Elf

What is it with avocados. I hate avocados. LOL

What!?!

How can this be?

Avocados are the most incredible, awesome, amazing fruit ever. They're really good with bacon too.

(Pondering whether we can still be friends... ;) )

Edited by maize
  • Like 1

Dare I ask what the heck is in fat free half and half?

If I remember right it is non fat milk, corn syrup, and corn starch. Could be wrong, but that's the basic idea. I can't decide what bothers me more, how stupid the idea is or that they call it half and half when it isn't half cream half milk. I think the inaccuracy of the label bugs me the most. 

• Like 2

Dare I ask what the heck is in fat free half and half?

Ingredients: Skim Milk, Corn Syrup, Cream*, Contains less than 0.5% of the following: Carrageenan, Sodium Citrate, Dipotassium Phosphate, Mono and Diglycerides*, Vitamin A Palmitate, Color Added (Ingredient not in regular half & half).

Ok, let me correct myself on the words I chose. I shouldn't have said I lost weight on low fat. It was really low calorie, which may not be the same thing but i was using them interchangeably. I do buy some reduced fat items, like skim milk and reduced fat peanut butter. I use very little of each. We buy some processed foods, like spaghetti sauce and tuna helper (I actually put canned chicken in it because it taste better!) I still think I eat pretty good. I do know I should be more active, but tht just isn't going to happen anytime soon. I admire those of you who exercise on a regular basis. I just can't do it!

Ok, let me correct myself on the words I chose. I shouldn't have said I lost weight on low fat. It was really low calorie, which may not be the same thing but i was using them interchangeably. I do buy some reduced fat items, like skim milk and reduced fat peanut butter. I use very little of each. We buy some processed foods, like spaghetti sauce and tuna helper (I actually put canned chicken in it because it taste better!) I still think I eat pretty good. I do know I should be more active, but tht just isn't going to happen anytime soon. I admire those of you who exercise on a regular basis. I just can't do it!

What do you mean by really low calorie?  How low?

I was on around 1100 calories per day when I truly lost weight, but I was also exercising.  I was hungry all the time.  I was told to up the calories, so I went to 1300-1400 and I gained weight or completely stalled each time.

That was when I was younger, pre-kids.  After kids I did lose some on 1200 calories, but I also exercised and I never got back to pre-pregnancy weight.

It is a horrible battle for me.  I am also tired of people giving me advice, it all contradicts and people are adamant that I am not losing because I haven't followed their prescribed plan.   :glare:  Sometimes it includes MLM junk.

• Like 1

You could start walking today, and build it into your daily routine - If you want to.   It's going to be a harder to choose when you discover that you can't. 

Edited by wintermom

What do you mean by really low calorie?  How low?

I was on Weight Watchers so counted points, but it probably works out to be 1100 to 1200 calories and I do not exercise. I don't have too much of a problem with hunger because I drink tea, and found a cappucino cocoa that I like. If I am feeling especially hungry, I have a snack like berries or raw veggies.

• Like 1

I was on Weight Watchers so counted points, but it probably works out to be 1100 to 1200 calories and I do not exercise. I don't have too much of a problem with hunger because I drink tea, and found a cappucino cocoa that I like. If I am feeling especially hungry, I have a snack like berries or raw veggies.

A cappuccino cocoa?  Does that have calories?

A cappuccino cocoa?  Does that have calories?

Yes, it's Hills Bros Double Mocha Cappuccino. It has 50 calories. It's also sugar-free which means it has Splenda. It's found in the instant coffee section and contains instant coffee but it's way more like cocoa than coffee.