Menu

Can you recommend a couple of great Audible books?

Pen

I want to use up a couple of credits, and then probably cancel my membership for awhile. I had been saving them for a 3 for 2 sale, but two such sales have come and gone and I've not seen 3 books I want on them, so I'd rather just get 2 books I might really appreciate rather than 3 that I don't so much want, just to make use of a special.

They could be nonfiction or fiction.

I had the same issue. I eventually spent all my credits on the Great Courses lectures from the Teaching Company. I picked out a couple that were in the subject area my older kids were studying and loaded them on their iPods and also picked a few that interested me and cancelled my membership.

I loved Night, by Elie Wiesel, on audible... It's heavy but beautifully written and read.

This is a magnificent book - not for the faint-hearted, but moving, thought provoking and beautifully written. One of my all-time favourites

D

• Like 1

I had the same issue. I eventually spent all my credits on the Great Courses lectures from the Teaching Company. I picked out a couple that were in the subject area my older kids were studying and loaded them on their iPods and also picked a few that interested me and cancelled my membership.

I always draw a blank when someone asks, but this reminds me.  We haven't finished it yet but we are loving the Teaching Company's Secret Life of Words.  It is awesome!

Ds has had an audible subscription for years and we have also shopped sales, so we have hundreds of books in our library.  He's the avid listener, but some of my favorites are:

The Dresden files series by Jim Butcher (The first is Storm Front.)

Quiet: The Power of Introverts by Susan Cain

The Secret Life of the Grown-Up Brain by Barbara Strauch

If you share some other books you have liked, it might help me think of others.

I've been enjoying Brandon Sanderson books lately . Just finished the Reckoners series. Also, the Martian, Bossypants, anything older Shannon Hale.

Dh has enjoyed Neil Gaiman a lot lately too. And I have I am Malala to listen to soon.

My kids have been enjoying the BBC chronicles of Narnia, Charlotte's Web, 101 Dalmatians, clementine, Pippi Longstocking, and the little prince

When in doubt though, Harry Potter is always a solid choice.

Edited by Meagan S

Amy Poehler's  Yes Please is hilarious. The Handmaid's Tale is excellent. Orphan Train, The Wedding Gift, A Thousand Splendid Suns, and The Chosen One (by Carol Lynch Williams) were all audio books that I really enjoyed and would listen to again.