Menu

Looking for a Bible study like BSF but online...

PineFarmMom

I have several friends who are involved in BSF and absolutely love it. While I would like to be involved, I homeschool and the day and evening classes won't fit at this time in my life. Is there anything like BSF but online? FTR, I have done several Precept studies and like them a lot. I may just go that route again. Just weighing my options.

• Like 1

Precept has online studies.

We also did Community Bible Study, and they had homeschool classes for older kids.

I'd like to do something face-to-face in the fall, but mine are older. There's a small Precepts study 15 minutes away that may or may not continue in the fall, and another local church about the same distance that is praying about Community Bible Study. The person heading it was a CBS director years ago, so that would be great if they decide to go forward. BSF is too far for me.

I hope that you find something!

Edited by G5052
  • Like 1

I was drooling at the idea of the kid/teen BSF classes along with the adult classes, but it is an evening class 45 minutes away and we would have to give up some evening activities that we love too much.

I will look into the precept online classes. I really did not know that was even an option!!!! I could do those for a few years until my season comes to do BSF. I really have grown so much from the precept studies I've done already. As my younger guys get older I might want to learn to teach them and do those with my boys. I don't know. I have one of my younger group who needs/wants meat!!!!

What is Precept? I've not heard of them.

Have you heard of Kay Arthur? My teens and I have used several of her books, and really liked them. I once did a summer study at a local church with a trained Precepts leader who did it more informally in the summer.

Thinking aloud here, face-to-face is my priority. Homeschooling and working from home has made me feel very isolated of late, and we're "Sunday only" at our church because of some issues there that we're praying about.

I'd really like to see Community Bible Study come back to my immediate area. I was involved in the leadership in the local one until is closed down some 15 years ago for lack of a director. Such fond memories! 

• Like 2

Have you used these as homeschooling classes?

I didn't for my own son, but am thinking of starting a group for teens. Juniors & Seniors could do it, but they would have to commit. It's hard to get that with high school students because they have so many courses they have to take.

What is Precept? I've not heard of them.

I did BSF until my oldest add out, now I'm not able to go until my youngest is old enough for the evening class. I miss it.

http://precept.org/about_inductive_bible_study

The best Bible Study courses around! There are different levels of depth that you can choose from depending how much time you have. They are best known for their Precept Upon Precept courses. Look for Kay Arthur lectures on youtube to get a taste of how in depth her teaching is. 

• Like 2

Proverbs 31 has online studies  but sometimes these are book about the Bible studies. Right now, they are doing a study on the names of God by Wendy Blight. I think they also have facebook small groups that help with accountability. Lots of online helps and motivation. 

A few other online Bible study sites:

Lifeway online 

Women Living Well (Good Morning Girls Bible Study) Courtney goes through the Bible, one book at a time, and blogs about it. There are guides that are downloadable or that can be purchased through Amazon. She follows a method similar to Precepts. 

Loving God Greatly is also an online Bible study site. I've not done any studies through them so I can't comment on the approach, method, anything except to throw it out as something to research. 

• Like 1

Do you get to do her studies in person? Lucky duck, if you do. I'm on my second study from a distance. Our women's bible study is in Hebrews with her (several weeks behind).

I do! The teaching is SO good. I seriously sit in the front row because I feel like it's such a gift to be there.

• Like 2