Menu

Funny... Homeschool couture

That was great. I can relate. Dd spent most of kindergarten in her pajamas. She would actually get dressed in the morning, but then by the afternoon she would have changed back into a comfy pair of pajamas. Ds spent most of last year in his underwear. He just couldn't seem to keep his shirt and pants on. If a neighborhood kid came over to play he would make a mad dash for his room to throw on some pants.

We get dressed.

Unless someone is sick, we're pretty much always all dressed in more or less regular clothing before we start schoolwork every day.

Now, it's pretty casual: shorts or jeans and t-shirts. And we don't bother with shoes unless we're going out. And I do have whole drawers full of not-terribly-attractive shorts and t-shirts that I wear around the house because I'm not afraid of wrecking them while doing housework.

But we get dressed.

Of course, I don't mind some creative accessorizing. For example, today my son is wearing shorts and a Wanna-Do City souvenier t-shirt with a home-made green felt sash. I'm not sure why.

I'm happy if mine wear pants!!!

I'm serious!!

Yesterday, at our school table, my 6yo was wearing nothing but a backpack and a pair of Dora the Explorer underwear.

;)

:smilielol5::smilielol5::smilielol5:

That would have totally been my middle child. Oh, my.

We usually try to get "ready for the day" before we start school, in case we need to run for important things like chocolate. So, usually we look presentable (by my definition - YMMV). Sometimes we do just wear PJs.

Add me to the stick in the mud club. We are all dressed, in normal clothes. Though, after breakfast, the 4 yr old often asks to wear her princess dress or "ballerina dress". And at least one of the boys has a belt tied around their middle...either an actual belt, or a make-do kind of thing...piece of rope, mystery strap w/buckle, who knows. Add in an occasional kimono on top of it all. Oh and don't forget the long socks pulled up OVER the pants. I think that's their way of making boots ? I think that's what one told me once LOL

We have varying levels of dress. Dd11 is in pj's till lunch. I won't let her eat lunch in her pajamas, but before that I don't really care. Ds6 gets dressed the minute he wakes up. The funny thing about him is if I need him to do seat work and he is having a hard time sitting still, he'll take off his shirt and I'll scratch his back. As long as I'm scratching, he'll sit and get everything done. Back scratches are my secret weapon with him. Dd4 is in dress ups all day long. Mom is dressed because I have to run ds8 to school every morning. If not for that, I'd be in pj's till noon.

Oh geez... please don't think badly of us for this... but my kids wear school uniforms.

It just wasn't working for me for them to sit around in their dirty ranch chore clothes all day, and we had too many confrontations about changing into clean clothes... so now they have to wear school uniforms. (They actually find them very comfortable.) I got the uniforms on clearance last year- cheaper than regular clothes. And they need fewer regular outfits because they stay "new" longer this way.

Then after school, they can change into clean playclothes or whatever. Mostly they just keep wearing the uniforms unless we're going somewhere.

You would think this would result in way too much laundry, no? Chore clothes, school clothes, play clothes. But it actually streamlines things pretty well... separated into whites, darks, and denims... one load/day keeps us on top of the laundry pretty well.

Works for us!

We get dressed.

Unless someone is sick, we're pretty much always all dressed in more or less regular clothing before we start schoolwork every day.

Now, it's pretty casual: shorts or jeans and t-shirts. And we don't bother with shoes unless we're going out. And I do have whole drawers full of not-terribly-attractive shorts and t-shirts that I wear around the house because I'm not afraid of wrecking them while doing housework.

I'm unfortunately with you. I've tried to relax that point... I really, REALLY have tried. It's a lost cause.

I envy those who can fully embrace it.

We dress too.

My ds has a uniform. :D You know those 3.00 silky shorts from Walmart. He has a pair in every color and that is all he will wear. When it gets cold he switches to track pants. Somewhere in the transition he gets cold enough to put on a shirt.

LOL! The school uniform skorts are nearly like silky shorts... super comfy!

In the winter, they get to choose between the heavier twill uniform pants (warm and adjustable waist & legs... they can turn into capris) or navy sweatpants (not as warm but stretchier).

Kids are funny about clothes!! I'm sooo glad mine seem to like their uniforms, because it was impossible to get them to change out of their "favorite" chore clothes!! Oldest dd in particular. Normally wouldn't be a big deal, but since we are mucking out the horse area every day... ewww....