Menu

Low Carbers--what is for dinner

Moxie

Kalua pork with cabbage. This is one of the few new recipes my family has really liked. Reviewers recommended halving the salt, doubling the smoke and steaming the cabbage separately. I incorporated these changes and it turned out great. I also saute onions and sometimes bellpepper on the side. The non-low-carbers like it over rice.

• Like 1

Kalua pork with cabbage. This is one of the few new recipes my family has really liked. Reviewers recommended halving the salt, doubling the smoke and steaming the cabbage separately. I incorporated these changes and it turned out great. I also saute onions and sometimes bellpepper on the side. The non-low-carbers like it over rice.

I make a kalua pork in the pressure cooker(instant pot)  we LOVE it but I don't like the cabbage with it either, it ends up overcooked for my taste. I like lots of salt so I end up adding more to mine. I serve mine w/ homemade papaya salsa (which may or may not fit into anyone's carb count), it has purple onion, cilantro, lemon juice and some oil.

• Like 1

No crust pizza - Layered in ramekin: crumbled cooked sausage, mushrooms, onions, homemade sauce, fresh mozzarella.

Pork butt has been on sale here recently.  Had a week of lunches consisting of pulled pork (cooked in slow cooker) and coleslaw.

Favorite recent supper was a ribeye steak topped with a homemade Parmesan cream sauce along with sauteed mushrooms and oven-roasted asparagus.