Menu

best tank tops for modesty

kdeno

Ditto on the Target tanks. I am tall, and they are perfect for layering for me. I work with kindergarteners and bend over a lot, so wearing a fitted tank keeps me covered. I often wear a contrasting tank color under a v-neck t, and the tank is long enough that I can wear it peeking out from under the hem of the t-shirt if I wish. The tanks are thick enough that I can wear them solo in the summer.

• Like 1

Old Navy's are very long, but you may need to reverse them. They're soft and wash well too. Duluth Trading Co has long lengths, but I've never ordered. Eddie Bauer I believe comes in talls. I've had good luck going by reviews there. If you wear 14+, Lane Bryant has a lace trimmed tank that I layer under many things. It's long and covers chest too (even helloooo new baby milk chest) with adjustable straps.

If you can sew, tanks are very easy to make.

Edited by zoobie

My dd and I like "Mossimo long & lean" tanks from Target.  Dd says when she wants a higher neckline, she wears the tank backwards.  The neckline is high enough for me (totally covers my bra).

I also love these...but I am short so I usually take them in about an inch at the shoulders so they cover my chest a little higher but they are super long so it doesn't make a huge difference in the length.  

I also really like the Downeast Outfitters layering tees...but the last set I bought were shorter than I am use to and I am short so that may not work with long torsos.

Walmart has some Faded Glory tanks that say "must-have tank" written on them. They run small but are long. I am not very busty and always have issues with tanks falling too low on. We held it up in the store and thought it was going to be too low cut, but it actually is not bad. So it's worth a shot. They were only a few bucks a piece. I bought mine on clearance for like $2 each, but they were between $3-$4 last time I saw them a few days ago. I have seen them online before, but not sure how to search for them. They have misc designs and solids. One of mine is white with green clovers. You may be able to spot a table with them if you look for the clovers. 

• Like 1

I like H & M camisoles because they have adjustable straps like a bra. I adjust the straps so that they come up higher and eliminate cleavage situations. I wear them under my shirts pretty much every day. They are long too eliminating muffin top exposure.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...