Menu

Quick! I need a simple, fast dessert for tonight!

MEmama

Is this for a small group, or a large one?

My easiest go-to dessert is berries in a ramekin with fresh cream poured atop.  If I have sliced almonds or walnuts, I add a few of those also.

But the baked apples sound really yummy, too! It's been cold here the past few days, and something hot and steamy just sounds RIGHT!

• Like 2

So maybe berries are out  :lol: , what about a yogurt parfait?

You can cheat with store bought, or make your own.  Either way, pour into mason jars or glasses with alternating layers of whipped cream.  Top a banana parfait with 'Nilla wafers or a chocolate parfait with maraschino cherries or mini chocolate chips (or mini Andes mints, yum!)

Brownies (a la mode in this house, and haven't had a homemade brownie that beats the Ghirardelhi mix)

Chocolate chip cookies (homemade. Nestle toll house recipe sounds good to me right now)

Pumpkin bread (can top with whipped cream but plain is great)

Ice cream sundaes (homemade hot fudge or chocolate sauce make these special and it's very easy)

fruit crisp (again, with ice cream in this house. I have a bag of blackberries in the freezer that are destined for a crisp in the next few weeks)

• Like 2

Hot water gingerbread is a good idea and you probably have the ingredients already. Mixes up fast by hand and pretty quick to bake. Are you sure they are coming? My son said they are closing roads where he lives due to multicar accidents, the driving is so rotten. I was supposed to drive up to visit him today and I,m glad I was lazy and decided to stay home.

Nan

• Like 1

Thanks for all the yummy suggestions! You all are better than a grandma's recipe box! :)

I ventured out into the storm with lava cake on my mind, but none was to be found. It's crazy snowy so I wasn't about to drive all over town, and of course in the insanity of the grocery store I promptly forgot all the other suggestions. So brownies it will be, if they make it. It's just a casual dinner.

Hope all the northeasterners are safe out there!

Edited by MEmama
  • Like 1