Menu

Legos

indigomama

There is a Lego Education fantasy and historical figures minifig set, and some of the series Minifigs are historical figures as well.

For historic elements, Prince of Persia, Lone Ranger, Pharoah's Quest, Castle, and Ninja/Ninjago all can be used quite effectively. We also use Lego along with the history Playmobil sets.

• Like 1

I was talking to a worker at our local Lego store and a new castle/knights series is coming soon.

Thank you for that!  We were disappointed that the last castle series was discontinued, since our little boys have recently expressed interest in Medieval history.  

Trying to buy retired Lego sets is a serious challenge.  You have to find people who have no idea what they're worth!

If they're 7 and 9, you might want to consider Playmobil. My boys were big into it at those ages and there are tons of historical figures. I bought a few sets to coincide with what we were reading about in history and I'd read the passage then pull out the set.

Well...pull out the people. My boys didn't care so much for sets as much as just for the figures. I bought a lot of packs of knights and Native Americans and Egyptions, and Romans (solidiers and families for the last 2).

• Like 4

If they're 7 and 9, you might want to consider Playmobil. My boys were big into it at those ages and there are tons of historical figures. I bought a few sets to coincide with what we were reading about in history and I'd read the passage then pull out the set.

Well...pull out the people. My boys didn't care so much for sets as much as just for the figures. I bought a lot of packs of knights and Native Americans and Egyptions, and Romans (solidiers and families for the last 2).

Playmobil is much loved here, and we have many sets. I was just curious if Lego had a similar theme concept as Playmobil. I ended up getting him a Pirate lego set. He'll love it.

• Like 1