Menu

On a lighter note: Restaurant serves Breastmilk Soup

*anj*

:smilielol5:

I loved this part!

Quote:

The food control authority in Switzerland was initially confused by the apparent loophole in local legislation regulating the use of human milk ....Snip.....

"They are not on the list of approved species such as cows and sheep, but they are also not on the list of the banned species such as apes and primates," Rolf Etter of the Zurich food control laboratory said.

End quote.

:smilielol5:

That guy could've made ice cream with mine, it was like cream.

And who needs a pump? I only had to aim and fire if I wanted to shoot my husband in the eye, so..... :lol::lol:

You know, dh is at the store buying ice cream. I think this might be a nice surprise, if he buys the wrong flavor.

Poor man. He's allergic to chocolate AND milk, so it's hopeless.

Oh, the pumping, pumping, pumping. I hope they are paying well for that commodity. I hated pumping. My last two never once had a bottle in their mouths because I hated pumping.

I had never pumped till Fi got sick and was in the children's ICU (13 months). Well, I was beyond rock hard by 11pm that night and trying to hand express in the bathroom. Thankfully the nurses took pity on me and sent me to the NICU. They ushered me into this tiny room with a pump almost as big as me. Wow, that thing sucked me dry in a matter of minutes. They even let me save my milk for Fi when she regained consciousness. I was overjoyed when the first thing she wanted was to nurse. It was the second most wonderful moment with my youngest.

You know, dh is at the store buying ice cream. I think this might be a nice surprise, if he buys the wrong flavor.

Poor man. He's allergic to chocolate AND milk, so it's hopeless.

There is this ice cream called "Purely Decadent" it is made from coconut milk.

Soy ice cream is just depressing but the coconut milk ice cream is DELICIOUS!! It has a little bit of a coconut flavor to it but it was really good.

I found some at Whole Foods.

Do you know how much $ I threw away!!!!! I had a freezer full of milk when dmy first dd quit bfing.

A pump, I used to let down at the sight of one back when these preemies were in NICU. 14 oz? No problem, I've fed twins. Sign me up!

Well, maybe not, I'd probably need to get pg again. Dh wouldn't like that; it would mean another man.

No, you're not alone. My first thought was "EW!"

It is amazing to me that it is legal. For instance, HIV is secreted in breast milk, which is why HIV positive women are told not to nurse their babies. I imagine there are other unsavory possibilities as well. Maybe because it was heated?

No thanks!

Am I the only one who gets the willies from this?

Don't get me wrong, I breast fed my kiddos until they were 16 months but the thought of ingesting someone else's breast milk just does not sound appetizing.

:tongue_smilie:

:iagree: I breastfed my dd until she was three years old, my ds until he was about 2.5 years old. I loved nursing and felt that it was very important. It *completely* grosses me out to think about ingesting someone else's breast milk. But it also grosses me out if I think too hard about being able to buy and ingest animals' milk. We're not milk drinkers here, but we do buy dairy milk to use in cooking and on cereal. And we are big yogurt, cheese and ice cream fans. I have to just not think about it. I would switch to buying soy milk or rice milk, but dh would nix that. I do love ice cream and yogurt.

I am also surprised that it is legal.

No thank you, I'll just have the bread:glare:. I was going to say bread and cheese, but wondered if that might also be a "menu item" and thought thanks, but no thanks again. ;)

*ang*...you do find the most interesting articles.:001_smile:

Yep, you read it right. Breastmilk is on the menu.

I remember a number of years ago a friend told me that she'd attended a La Leche League meeting where cookies made with breastmilk were served.

Interesting, very, very interesting.