Menu

s/o - Abortion-Free Gun Control Thread

Katy

A kid got murdered with a gun = hearing both sides? I don't get it.

There are over 10,000 homicides by gun every year. Total gun deaths are over 30,000. A grandma who used a gun to save herself is a nice story but it doesn't nearly begin to balance out the cost.

Oh. I'm sorry. I thought later....I should have elaborated more. It was in my town. Both of these incidents. And when I type it out more clear...I think ull understand, sry. I'm out running errands and do vet rushed .

I try not to write a book lol but sometimes more info def needed.

Ill type it later when I'm home.

It was seriously scary here when the meth guy was runnin round. We were told to keep our kids inside cops w lights looming down all the backyards etc.

All our county cops plus fdle didn't sleep, or even go home while theanhunt was going on.

He kied 2 cops here in my town and county. One was an fdle or state trooper. Don't remember which.

But. I do see what you're saying.

It's a hard line to try to stay informed of the facts only without the reportre of the press.

Miss r waiting on me and gotta go.

Poppy, I do appreciate the dialogue form everyone.

IMO ,that's the only way to come to a reasonable solution.

It's definitely a crisis situation for our country.

Be back later!

I'm having a spend the night with a friend lol. Kids all play. So. I might be responding slowly but I will eventually.

:)

I lived in Florida for over a decade (just moved) and the news reporting is as bad there as everywhere else.

You are probably right joker.

Probably so.

I just try to listen/watch the incidence that happen.

On both sides. If I don't watch at least some of the news I'll never know what's going on.

I also follow the court cases on these issues. And at times....I have gone to the trial( if allowed) allt are closed court tho she to high profile.

But yes, i agree. Most press slants one way or the other.

Be back later.

Tho I know obviously nothing we talk about here will solve the problem . ....I believe it's a start in any arena to have open dialogue about these issues.

It's not going away anytime soon. There clearly has to be something done. I think surely, lawmakers, police enforcing those laws, and citizens , I believe us all coming together for reasonable solutions is the only way.

Joker....LOVED and quoted what you said on another post about 17 and privacy.

That's exactly what we did.

Be back later :)

A kid got murdered with a gun = hearing both sides? I don't get it.

There are over 10,000 homicides by gun every year. Total gun deaths are over 30,000. A grandma who used a gun to save herself is a nice story but it doesn't nearly begin to balance out the cost.

When I go I to it more, ...it was differing sides. The kid = senseless death here locally of a black teen who was on all accounts a GREAT kid, no trouble , straight A's etc.

More to that I will elaborate later.

The Granny with the gun lol

Was the gun owners happy she was able to bring down this crazy that killed so many in our own town.

I get it. I do. It's hard.

I have biracial kids. They are ,IMO, already predujiced against.

If somean noater his color, owning a gun , I don't remember if this one was legal ownership or not. He was in from out of state , ...BUT, let someone shoot my son for the color of his skin???

Oh yea. This is mama bear....I won't go into what I think I might do. This is a pu lic forum, anyone can read it.

But, I promise. It wouldn't be pretty and it would not involve my gun.

IMO forearms should be used as a last resort, in imminent danger.

We personally use them for sprot as well. Our family competes including my adult children. It's a good family bonding time.

Ok. I'll chat later :)

Poppy, I think your heart is obviously in the right place.

It's all disturbing what's going on in America. I agree with points you make.

And....am very happy you will have discourse on this :)

Merry Christmas !! I have to Christmas shop.

Notice I said...HAVE...to lol :/

http://www.forbes.com/sites/frankminiter/2013/10/20/is-the-obama-administration-the-cause-of-gun-ammunition-shortages/

Ammo shortage explanation.

I had to satisfy my curiosity as I hadn't heard the government buying up all the ammo theory before.

Thanks for the article. It was interesting and I did not know about the tax going for an element of conservation.

Poppy,

The police here have a theory. It's always pretty warm and sunshiny here.

That's where you see a larger criminal actions.

When its cold and rainy here, not nearly as many calls.

So I think there's alot of validity to...we have good weather, the pills have over run the state.

Incidentally . the meth and pill problem has directly affected our violent crime. It's gone up. They need more drugs so they Rob and steal and kill in the process.

2 yrs ago a methed out guy was on a kling spree ( illegally owned gun)

He killed 18 ppl while he elided police.

One nite about day 4 he creeps up on a 91 yo wan taking out her trash. He came up behind her with his gun, pointed it at the back of her head.

She reached around with her gun, shot him in the stomach.

He was dead when cops got there.

A lil ole 91 yo woman took down the big ( he was big guy) crazed meth withdrawing bad guy...

And with one pull of her legally owned gun trigger..

Killed the man who police couldn't find. And had killed many including 2 cops when they went to serve the warrant. One of our counties cops died another seriously wounded.

He's gone. And so are his bad acts.

All because she legally carried her firearm...even to the trash! Lol

She said when interviewed....I had it for bears but...this works too! Baha

:)

Can you point out a legit source for this? It's a great story and it must have received a ton of media coverage because killing 18 people would definitely put him in the big league and I would imagine there would be a ton of coverage just to let people know the bad guy was no longer a threat.

Can you point out a legit source for this? It's a great story and it must have received a ton of media coverage because killing 18 people would definitely put him in the big league and I would imagine there would be a ton of coverage just to let people know the bad guy was no longer a threat.

I was curious too.  I'm guessing she mixed up the details of this woman in Charleston and this woman in Chicago.

Okay, that makes sense, but what's a FFL?

I believe at least one the people who supplied a gun to the Columbine shooters, who were minors, was sentenced to six years in prison.

Are you as a gun owner comfortable with that kind of accountability?

I did not see your question get answered, so forgive me if I am repeating this information. In a nutshell, an FFL is a Federal Firearm License...the license issued to a business that sells firearms. Private sellers are not required to have them. An FFL transfer is the transfer of a firearm by an FFL licensee who runs a background check on the buyer. Wikipedia has more information on the FFL if you are interested.

And I'm saying most non-criminal gun owners have no problem with most of that.  And even though they might disagree with some of it (particularly the registration of every gun and the background checks on all private resales - which effectively makes all private resales impossible), they aren't exercising "excessive political power" to fight it.

Private firearm sales with a background check on the buyer is not only not impossible, but it isn't even difficult. Many private sellers in my area will only sell firearms to buyers who have a CHL (concealed handgun license). The background check for the CHL is much more in-depth than the NICS background check that an FFL performs during the sale of a gun; so much more so that an FFL does not need to run a background check on a buyer who holds a CHL. Some of the private sellers who will sell firearms to individuals who do not have a CHL require an FFL transfer, meaning that the buyer has to go to a business that has an FFL and allow them to run a background check on him/her before the seller will sell them the firearm. My husband works part-time at a gun store, and they occasionally get requests from local private sellers for an FFL transfer, which they do for a fee.

I would hazard a guess that since many private firearm sellers in my area already self-regulate their firearm sales as far as background checks, they would not object to federal regulations that require it. They really, really don't want to provide a firearm to someone who might use it for harm.

• Like 2

It's clay county Florida. About 4 yrs ago . the shooting when clay county sheriff David White was killed in the line of duty. I'm sure you can find it somewhere.

The meth head. Ted Tilly went on a several day rampage. Killed ppl in a convveience store, I don't even think he got any money, then he went on the run in the local woods. I'm sure you don't see it on the major media

BEACAUSE AN D WOMAN SHOT THE TWEAKIN METH HEAD WHO MADE US ALL AFRAID FOR A FEW DAYS!

He would come up behind homeowners in the country, they the woods and shoot em in the head. That was his MO..1st time deadly shots to the head. So...until y'all have experienced something or decide to call me out on my credibility????

Maybe you could try doin lil research urself...or wait. Ask me by pm. It's divulging where I live .

Not cool.

sure you can find it.we lived it.

Done

Edited by Kat w

I was curious too. I'm guessing she mixed up the details of this woman in Charleston and this woman in Chicago.

Mixed up the story?.?.

Really????

Y'all look for it wherever you want. I gave the details above.

See, we don't really like giving info directly where we live. I'm leaving that there.

I will share no more personal stories...tho, those are the ones I have the most intimate details about.

This is why I left the gun forums.

It's they, pics or it don't matter crowd.

Wish the could...do research too! :o

Done. If I want this. I'll go back on a gun forum

Edited by Kat w

It's clay county Florida. About 4 yrs ago . the shooting when clay county sheriff David White was killed in the line of duty. I'm sure you can find it somewhere.

The meth head. Ted Tilly went on a several day rampage. Killed ppl in a convveience store, I don't even think he got any money, then he went on the run in the local woods. I'm sure you don't see it on the major media..

BEACAUSE AN D WOMAN SHOT THE TWEAKIN METH HEAD WHO MADE US ALL AFRAID FOR A FEW DAYS!

sure you can find it.we lived it.

Weird. I looked the story up and it doesn't mention Ted Tilley murdering 18 people or that he was killed by a woman taking out the trash. I did read where he was in a shootout with officers raiding a meth lab and that he was killed while trying to escape after killing Deputy White. Edited by ChocolateReignRemix

Mixed up the story?.?.

Really????

Y'all look for it wherever you want. I gave the details above.

See, we don't really like giving info directly where we live. I'm leaving that there.

I will share no more personal stories...tho, those are the ones I have the most intimate details about.

This is why I left the gun forums.

It's they, pics or it don't matter crowd.

Wish the could...do research too! :o

Done. If I want this. I'll go back on a gun forum

The story you told is false.

Weird. I looked the story up and it doesn't mention Ted Tilley murdering 18 people or that he was killed by a woman taking out the trash. I did read where he was in a shootout with officers raiding a meth lab and that he was killed while trying to escape after killing Deputy White.

There were several ppl in that house. Tbat one one aspect of the story.

THE ENTIRE STORY IS WHEN HE WAS AT LARGE!

ABD YES. THE TOTLA DEAD O INCLUDING THR COp WAS 18.

keep looking. The entire of the story if which you guys ....found only part og.!!!

And , yes. He was killed by ab elderly women taking out the trash. If d the rest of the story.

Not every 'Clip" of a story from 4 yrs ago has every detail. Find all the I go and follow the WHOLE story.

Edited by Kat w

Chocate. I said several days ago when i was here last. As long as someone wants to debate ir try to be a part of a solution?

I was willing to talk.

Throwing out FALSE claims that I'm lying.

Have no use for ya.

U just wanna fight. Not looking for a fight. Isn't that what has got us here on this thread to begin with????

Done with you chocate.

Edited by Kat w

He was killed during a police raid on a meth lab by a police officer and killed a detective at that time. It looks like he had quite a police record, but no sources indicate he was a serial killer/mass murderer as you claim. Are you implying the news reports are wrong and authorities covered it up?

Edited by Word Nerd

There were several ppl in that house. Tbat one one aspect of the story.

THE ENTIRE STORY IS WHEN HE WAS AT LARGE!

ABD YES. THE TOTLA DEAD O INCLUDING THR COp WAS 18.

keep looking. The entire of the story if which you guys ....found only part og.!!!

And , yes. He was killed by ab elderly women taking out the trash. If d the rest of the story.

Not every 'Clip" of a story from 4 yrs ago has every detail. Find all the I go and follow the WHOLE story.

Source the claim that he killed 18 people.

Source the claim he was killed by a 90+ year old woman.

Edited by ChocolateReignRemix

Kat, I lived in the area four years ago and i would remember something like that. I do remember the meth story because an officer was killed but another officer killed Tilley; not an elderly woman and not after he killed 18 people. I think you must have it confused with something else.

Edited by Joker

This is not a "clip". This is an article. Yes, it's from Ocala, but it's not a clip. 

http://www.ocala.com/article/20120217/ARTICLES/120219703?p=1&tc=pg

Here's an officer memorial page. 

http://www.odmp.org/officer/21187-detective-david-adam-white

Oh, here's the story from a Jacksonville news station. No 90 year old woman. No 18 people.

http://www.wokv.com/news/news/clay-county-detective-killed/nH7B9/

Sometimes it's okay to admit you were wrong or that you mixed up different stories in your memory.

• Like 2