Menu

If you carry any type of bag, do you have one you love?

Prairie~Phlox

I use this (in black) as my diaper bag, since I have two small ones still, but it works really well as a mom bag. Plenty of room for water bottles, books/papers, tablet. . . It could easily hold a laptop too. It doesn't look diaper bag at all, and in fact, it's actually just their bailout bag listed as a diaper bag.

http://www.lapolicegear.com/lapg-jumbo-diaper-bag.html?Color=Black&gclid=CjwKEAiA7MWyBRDpi5TFqqmm6hMSJAD6GLeA1FmTJXfiBPyMncC5yGXUHtbRSJU02C4afm2JcbeZ4BoCQ7vw_wcB

DH has a similar soft sided briefcase that he uses for carrying his mobile office stuff to and from work. Let me see if I can find its link.

Maybe not what you're looking for, but I have a classic, brown, Coach diaper bag. It's fantastic, goes with everything, great quality, roomy, lots of pockets and doesn't look like a diaper bag. I found it on Craigslist for $40. 

ETA: Here's a picture of mine.

http://s1312.photobucket.com/user/mrskelz22/media/q_zps62793770.jpg.html

Edited by Entropymama

I'm all about the bag not adding too much extra weight so I tend to go for cloth or other light weight materials.

I have this Vera Bradley. I'ts a tote rather than a messenger bag but has a ton of room. Papers would obviously need to be in a folder or something to keep them from getting crinkled, because of the flexibility of the bag.

While I'm not interested in name brands, I got this one at a deeply discounted price because the pattern/color was being discontinued. If I could have found a generic tote as nice as this one for less, I would have gladly bought it.

Baggallini, any style. Smartest bags ever designed.

All six of mine are fabulous! Different needs for each, but I love them all. I just got a bigger phone so 2 of them are heading out the door, but they were super in their day.

I love most the ones that suit my personality and work with the colours I wear.

So for me, that means a reasonably large, fairly sturdy bag with some texture to it, and nice, rich colours.  I've had good success finding laptop bags at Winners, which I think is similar to Ross or something if you have one of those.  Laptop bags are nice even if you don't use a laptop because the space for the laptop is also paper-sized and holds binders or clipboards or folders very well.

Are you a sleek, structured person?  Or a happy-go-lucky, love the bright colours kind of person?  Or a calm, put-together but flowy kind of person? Or a go-get-'em, get all the things done NOW kind of person?

Picking a bag that matches that will make it much more likely that you love the bag!