Menu

Class of 2016 acceptances

MysteryJen

Dd1 committed last week to Virgina Tech! She (and we) have been working on recruiting stuff for a year. It is so exciting to finally have it all come together and find the right school and right program for her.

No Common App for me!

Just waiting to sign the NLI, go through admissions, and get cleared.

(For you swim geeks, you can find her on swim swam or college swimming :) )

• Like 32

That is awesome! Congratulations to your dd!! How nice to be mostly finished already!!

We were waiting for Sept. ACT scores, and now that the writing portion is in, dd is out of excuses.  :p  She has a busy week this week, so next week is college application week. She's narrowed it down to approximately 4-5 schools that she really likes, two local safety schools, and one distance safety school with a nice automatic scholarship.

• Like 2

Dd1 committed last week to Virgina Tech! She (and we) have been working on recruiting stuff for a year. It is so exciting to finally have it all come together and find the right school and right program for her.

Ooh!  I'm really partial to this one!  GO HOKIES!  (Class of '89)

• Like 2

Just found out DD was accepted to Auburn University. She also received an offer to compete for a scholarship from a school she has not been admitted to??? Did not know that was possible. Frankly, I am overwhelmingly thankful. I know I could not have done this homeschooling thing without the constant advice of many of you wonderful mothers and fathers. So, when you think that no one is reading your educational posts about what worked for your child, know that there is someone like me who reads it avidly, and while I may not have the courage to join the discussion, I am thanking you all in my heart.

Teacher Mom's DD: Thankful to be admitted to Texas A&M, U of Alabama (with scholarships), Colorado State, Auburn University, (and maybe one more!)

• Like 18

Okay, so how do we get the list thing going like we had last year? If I make one with ds's first acceptance, can you all copy and paste and add your acceptance alphabetically or is there some nifty, techie thing techwife did last year?

Our boy received a phone call from Northern Michigan University saying he would be receiving his acceptance letter in the mail next week, and asking him some questions that indicated he may be in the running for an environmental science departmental scholarship.

Auburn University - dd of Teacher mom

Colorado State - dd of Teacher 

Iowa State University - dd of Skateleft

Middle Tennessee State University - Teacher mom 2834 

Northern Michigan University - ds of Faithmanor

Texas A & M - dd of Teacher mom

University of Alabama - dd of Teacher mom

University of Tennessee - Teachermom2834

Virginia Tech - dd of MysteryJen

Did I miss anyone?

• Like 11

Okay, so how do we get the list thing going like we had last year? If I make one with ds's first acceptance, can you all copy and paste and add your acceptance alphabetically or is there some nifty, techie thing techwife did last year?

Our boy received a phone call from Northern Michigan University saying he would be receiving his acceptance letter in the mail next week, and asking him some questions that indicated he may be in the running for an environmental science departmental scholarship.

Auburn University - dd of Teacher mom

Colorado State - dd of Teacher 

Iowa State University - dd of Skateleft

Middle Tennessee State University - Teacher mom 2834 

Northern Michigan University - ds of Faithmanor

Texas A & M - dd of Teacher mom

University of Alabama - dd of Teacher mom

University of Tennessee - Teachermom2834

Virginia Tech - dd of MysteryJen

Did I miss anyone?

Just start this in a new thread so we can have both a quick list that's different from the thread where we can rejoice/make comments, etc.  Otherwise, those of us wanting to add special posts (like congrats to a fellow Hokie) are out of luck.  ;)

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

Oops - apparently I was supposed to post here, not on the other list. 

My daughter got her first acceptance - West Virginia University with invitation to the Honors College (scholarships to follow)

Big relief for me. As a forensic science major she only has a few choices and when we made the decision to let her graduate a year early I started having panic attacks that she'd be turned down for being young and I ruined her for life LOL

• Like 14

Big relief for me. As a forensic science major she only has a few choices and when we made the decision to let her graduate a year early I started having panic attacks that she'd be turned down for being young and I ruined her for life LOL

Oh my goodness, I am in your last-year's shoes, just substituting IR with a side of Arabic for the forensic science :eek:

Congratulations :party:

• Like 2

Oops - apparently I was supposed to post here, not on the other list. 

My daughter got her first acceptance - West Virginia University with invitation to the Honors College (scholarships to follow)

I updated the list and your dd is on there now! Congrats!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...