Menu

s/o don't y'all talk about......Downton Abbey? (January viewers, enter at the risk of spoilers)

Seasider

Ok, confession:  I'm about 60% excited for Christmas morning and presents and apple pie, and 40% excited for DA's show finale!!!

:D

I'd be excited except we will be at my parents' house for Christmas Eve/Day, and they have the slowest internet EVER.

*sigh*

Guess I'll be watching when we get back home a few days later...

• Like 1

--- Spoilers ---

Great episode!  I just got around to it this morning.  

Everything worked out just right.  It was really well done!  

Who was the Miss Evans (?) that Tom was flirting with?  Couldn't figure out if we'd seen her before or not.  

So so glad for a bit of reconciliation with the sisters.  

I wish the Mosely/Baxter ending had been a bit more explicit.  But we all know it will end well.  

• Like 1

Miss Evans is Edith's employee, no? Whom Tom has met, what, twice?

Thank you!!!  I've been trying to place her all day!  lol.  

I think it was just enough of a hint to leave hope in the imaginations of us viewers.  :-D  

I was never a huge Isobel/Dickie fan, but I did like their part in this episode.  

• Like 1

I loved it as well.

Link is at the bottom of this site:

http://www.simplyjune.org/2015/12/downton-abbey-6-christmas-episode.html

Well, I certainly did not see that, but how silly to put the links in at the tail end of all those spoilers. I looked at the top, THOUGHT I looked at the bottom, and did look through the comments. I totally missed it before. A few of my other previously reliable links weren't working, either.

What a lovely wrap up! I didn't feel like any of it was forced, and there were some terrific quotables (I will have to rewatch and make a list!).

There are two things I'd have liked to see resolved a tiny bit differently. I wanted to see Stenker get canned. Also, I really thought it was going to be revealed that Dickie's kids were poisoning him. I don't believe that's out of the question, the way things turned out, it just wasn't explicitly stated.

I loved the kids and the puppy, the opening scene was great. I feel quite satisfied with the way this series ended.

• Like 2

Well, I certainly did not see that, but how silly to put the links in at the tail end of all those spoilers. I looked at the top, THOUGHT I looked at the bottom, and did look through the comments. I totally missed it before. A few of my other previously reliable links weren't working, either.

Simply sue had the links at the top.  The blog was reported to google and the link to the episode were frozen.  She posted that on her facebook. She came back later and added the links more hidden for lack of a better word at the bottom of the page.  I just found them after watching the link below.

I just watched the episode on the link below it was posted in the comment section of simplysue page after the original links were locked.

I loved the series for all the vintage  dress.  It sometimes was written pretty cheezy but I got involved in the characters.

I like how it all ended up.  I would love to see another viintage series

http://www.cinemixtv.ga/downton-abbey-season-6-episode-9.html

• Like 1

What a lovely wrap up! I didn't feel like any of it was forced, and there were some terrific quotables (I will have to rewatch and make a list!).

There are two things I'd have liked to see resolved a tiny bit differently. I wanted to see Stenker get canned. Also, I really thought it was going to be revealed that Dickie's kids were poisoning him. I don't believe that's out of the question, the way things turned out, it just wasn't explicitly stated.

I loved the kids and the puppy, the opening scene was great. I feel quite satisfied with the way this series ended.

I thought that too about Dickie being poisoned!  I'm sure if there were a season 7 that would be one of the plot lines.  :-)  I love when Isobel came to get him he practically skipped down the stairs!  love it.  

Another of my favorite moments was seeing Mary take off Anna's shoes.  I thought it was sweet that she was doing for Anna what Anna has always done for her.  Also loved her "Oh.  Your waters have broken." or whatever she said in her matter-of-fact tone.  lol.  

And I'm SO SO GLAD that nothing happened to the dowager!!!  She survives!!!  Phew.  

Ok, I thought of one addition I would have liked.  How about a love interest for Barrow?  He could have met someone over at his temporary job somehow?  Almost everyone was left with the hint of something! 

I think this would have felt forced.  Also, the times are still what they are/were and if he did find a love interest, he would have eventually lost his position due to the scandal.  I thought his wrap-up with the promise of a better character was good as written and it seemed believable.  Unfortunately, his life will never be an easy one, but he did get what he wanted.  

• Like 2

I would have loved to see Denker fired, but I think the Dowager enjoyed the entertainment. She obviously had Denker's number and enjoyed toying with her.

Yes, the more I think about this, the more I believe that she completely enjoys the entertainment factor of these two silly people. Plus, who wants the hassle of breaking in a new ladies' maid?

• Like 3