Menu

Amazon has strategy games on sale today Sat 8/1/15

Angie in VA

If anyone else has specific recommendations about any of these games, I'd love to hear them.

ETA: Okay, I'm thinking of getting Tzolk'in, Flash Point, Roborally, and Alhambra but I'm also wondering about Five Tribes, Roll for the Galaxy, and Ascension.  Any feedback on any of these would be great. We got games for Christmas presents during this sale last year and it was one of the best things ever.  Like someone else mentioned 7 Wonders is a great game and my son loves King of Tokyo (neither of these seem to be on the webpage of games on sale (at least they aren't for me) but they're both at least 50% off).  Pandemic is great but not on sale today.

ETA again: Some people seem to not be seeing all the on sale games on the Amazon list, so here's the complete list, just in case.  https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1410864/amazon-gencon-gold-box-sale-2015

I'll try to be quiet now.

• Like 1

ETA: Okay, I'm thinking of getting Tzolk'in, Flash Point, Roborally, and Alhambra but I'm also wondering about Five Tribes, Roll for the Galaxy, and Ascension. Any feedback on any of these would be great. We got games for Christmas presents during this sale last year and it was one of the best things ever. Like someone else mentioned 7 Wonders is a great game and my son loves King of Tokyo (neither of these seem to be on the webpage of games on sale (at least they aren't for me) but they're both at least 50% off). Pandemic is great but not on sale today.

King of Tokyo and Roborally are two of my son's favourites. Roborally is a great game for learning to move your piece directionally relative to your current orientation. It fosters skills that are beneficial to computer science. It is great for people with good spatial abilities.

• Like 1

I just bought a game to give as a Christmas gift. I also discovered that I can ship large quantities of Twix to my son while he is at college using prime shipping. I'm not sure I needed to know that, but they are in my cart anyway.