Menu

best stainless steel appliance cleaner?

solascriptura

Ugh. Topic says it all. I really wanted stainless steel appliances, but they are a beast to keep streak free or finger print free. Is there anything that works quickly and easily? I've tried homemade stuff and stuff off the shelf. Nothing works that easily. It seems that elbow grease is what is getting the smudges off not the products. And did you know that little kids love to draw pictures on the smooth shiny surfaces with their greasy fingers?

I use Whirlpool Stainless Steal Cleaner and Polish, which was recommended by our local appliance company.  It works very well with minimal scrubbing, but you do have to let it set for a little bit (per the instructions), then buff it off, so it is more of a serious polish than a convenient spray.  

These wipes: Weiman Stainless Steel Cleaner & Polish Wipes, 30 count https://www.amazon.com/dp/B008RG4JTC/

Wipe on in a circular motion then polish off with a clean microfiber towel. They're cheaper at Target and the grocery store. One does my large French door fridge, dishwasher, and double oven if it's a maintenance clean. Two if I've been lazy or my toddler has smeared something on the bottom freezer door. ;)

• Like 2

The lady I used to work for made her housekeeper use Sheila Shine. It definitely requires good ventilation after you spray it on, but it really helped prevent fingerprints from her billion grandkids. Some people swear by WD-40.

These wipes: Weiman Stainless Steel Cleaner & Polish Wipes, 30 count https://www.amazon.com/dp/B008RG4JTC/

Wipe on in a circular motion then polish off with a clean microfiber towel. They're cheaper at Target and the grocery store. One does my large French door fridge, dishwasher, and double oven if it's a maintenance clean. Two if I've been lazy or my toddler has smeared something on the bottom freezer door. ;)

I use these wipes too and love them. I didn't really want stainless steel appliances because of the cleaning aspect, but I knew we were going to be selling this place and that having them would be a plus. The wipes make upkeep a bit less painful. And I'm getting black appliances in our new house!