Menu

Who else is selling all their stuff?! :D

I had an idea of where I wanted to go this year for History, went to a local homeschool used book sale and bought about 20 dollars worth of books. I was content with what I found. I had mapped it all out with how it would go for us this year. Then SOMEONE on this forum mentioned Simply Charlotte Mason. I fell in love with their lesson plans for American History, bought the pdfs that I could and then ordered the used books from abebooks.com for the others needed... I have now posted a large for sale email with my local homeschool association. Partly selling what I JUST BOUGHT plus other things.

Pretty sure I am losing it.

Anyone else running around screaming "sell all the things!!!"  ?   :willy_nilly:

• Like 2

Man, and here I hoped there was some new trend we could get on, like selling EVERYTHING and going down to a kindle... That would make my life immensely easier. :lol:

I considered this route for SCM. I did get 3 pdfs but I figured actual books would be best. Now, if I had an extra paperwhite and a fire...we may be able to lol. I didn't want to miss out of pictures and I also don't like reading on the fire. So I'd need both.

Not really. The baby starts K this year, so there's always someone around that may use it in the future.

I did finally sell off all our Apologia books. We're not likely to ever use them again. Holy moly do those sell like hotcakes. I had to keep a waiting list, and the first contact ended up buying the entire lot.

They really do and anything AAR or AAS. I've never had a problem selling Apologia. That is one of those brands I buy wanting to love it as much as everyone else and I just can not use it. It saddens me. ha ha Thankfully they sell well.

Also, I had a set of SOTW that sold within 5 hrs of posting online. We are finished with the Ancients rotation and I am wanting to put those on my kindle anyway. No reason to need the book itself.

I've been selling a bunch of unused stuff. I'm about to post a massive American History living book lot -- books I bought for last year but never used (we're switching to VP SP for history now).

Also clearing out phonics and writing mis-purchases... 😜

of course you are :p because I JUST bought American history living books.. PM what you have LOL I may need more :p

• Like 1

I have so many things I picked up thinking they might be useful. We're moving in late July, though just in town, and I'm going to spend the first half of July pulling everything out of cabinets and listing it on eBay. That will be round one. Then in two years, we'll be doing a big move - at least out of state, possibly out of country. I'm figuring on a really ruthless purge then!

Oh, I'm terrible. I've bought multiple (ahem) history (oh yeah, and science, too) programs to use in the fall and have decided not to use any of the ones I've bought so far, but I can't get rid of the books. So...I've spent a LOT of money on books this year. :)

Really, I have so much stuff that I could sell, but I really don't want to go through the hassle.... :leaving:

I did go through my bookshelves today and picked out a (small) stack of books to get rid of, but I'm just going to give them away at my next homeschool group meeting, maybe I'm just lazy.

I have been so bad about picking up stuff at thrift stores, sales, etc.  I am taking over $800 of stuff to a homeschool consignment sale this morning!  Feels so good to clear out.  But there's still more I could have taken!  I'm an educational hoarder!