Menu

WTM Online Conference

I signed up for SWB's writing seminar that is today.  If I'm not able to attend "live," do you know if there will be a recording of the seminar? 

I don't want to miss it, but my kiddo has a baseball game and I'll need to get him fed and out the door!

Thanks.

*Sigh* Tuesdays are one of my busiest days, so I've had to watch some of my sessions after they are posted. Glad of that feature or I'd miss them completely!

I got to about half of SWB's lunch-session today (2-of-3), but missed the Ramona Quimby one completely as the children needed my chaperonage at the pool. Looking forward to seeing that one in a few days. 

I thought the John-email saying "We missed you at [session]" was sweet.  :coolgleamA:

• Like 2

... missed the Ramona Quimby one completely as the children needed my chaperonage at the pool. Looking forward to seeing that one in a few days. 

I thought the John-email saying "We missed you at [session]" was sweet.  :coolgleamA:

Wow! I don't know what I did wrong when I registered! I did not get any email before or after the two sessions that I had registered for. I certainly did not get any "we missed you" mail. :(

I had to keep visiting the "your recorded sessions" page day after day till one of my sessions was visible there.

Wow! I don't know what I did wrong when I registered! I did not get any email before or after the two sessions that I had registered for. I certainly did not get any "we missed you" mail. :(

I had to keep visiting the "your recorded sessions" page day after day till one of my sessions was visible there.

Hmm. Did you check your spam folder? My emails come from John (Hammon? Hammond?).

Awhile after I registered, there was an email thanking me for each one & it had a link in it. I'm the least techno person you can imagine, but I was able to put it on my online mail calendar (which I'd NEVER used before & don't plan on using after this, but it allows me to set more reminders so I don't forget about the events I can make it to). I also got an email the day before reminding me about the event.

I only got one "we missed you" even though I missed two of the live events. 

• Like 1

Hmm. Did you check your spam folder? My emails come from John (Hammon? Hammond?).

Awhile after I registered, there was an email thanking me for each one & it had a link in it. I'm the least techno person you can imagine, but I was able to put it on my online mail calendar (which I'd NEVER used before & don't plan on using after this, but it allows me to set more reminders so I don't forget about the events I can make it to). I also got an email the day before reminding me about the event.

I only got one "we missed you" even though I missed two of the live events. 

Thank you. I did check my Junk Email folder - there is nothing from WTM or John in it.

I have registered for the Latin For Grammar Schoolers seminar tomorrow, and I haven't received any seminar link as yet. This is one seminar I can attend on time.

If anyone has received it, please PM me.

• Like 1

Reminders usually go out about 24 hours beforehand, so look for it later today.

I just got the reminder for the last SWB "Beyond Elementary School" one tomorrow.

I prefer to see them in real time because you get the webcam experience that isn't there on the recordings. Makes it more personal, ya know?

I had tomorrow clear for two of the three scheduled tomorrow, but now might only be able to see one in real time. Kid birthday parties take precedence.  :driving:

Thank you. I did check my Junk Email folder - there is nothing from WTM or John in it.

I have registered for the Latin For Grammar Schoolers seminar tomorrow, and I haven't received any seminar link as yet. This is one seminar I can attend on time.

If anyone has received it, please PM me.

nansk, I just wanted to let you know you're not alone. I've received links to attend some of the sessions I registered for, but not all of them. I got a link for yesterday's A Plan for Teaching Writing (from John Hamman), but not for today's Beyond Elementary School. I'll just have to wait for the recording for that one.

ETA - Looking further, I see that I received one email from "Well-Trained Mind Conference" thanking me for registering for all four of the workshop series that I paid for, but no links. Later, at different times, I received separate emails from John Hamman with links to two of my four workshops. The other two workshops that I didn't receive emails for are now concluded, but I should have followed up on them earlier. I just wasn't paying attention to which sessions' links I had received versus which ones I had not. The workshops I'm missing links for ARE showing up in my account as recorded sessions. So if you didn't get / aren't getting emails from John Hamman for any remaining sessions, and want to attend them live -- which is way more fun! - I'd suggest following up with him. HTH.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

SO if you are able to attend the session live, do you NOT get the link?  Even I attempt to watch it I'm sure there will be distractions and I will need to watch again later to get all the content.

Also wondering if I can purchase the event while it's going on and get in on it late? 

SO if you are able to attend the session live, do you NOT get the link?  Even I attempt to watch it I'm sure there will be distractions and I will need to watch again later to get all the content.

Also wondering if I can purchase the event while it's going on and get in on it late? 

Yes, you should still get the link. Yes, you can sign on late.

• Like 1

I had one of the sessions I signed up for (and attended some of) not show up in my recorded areas, but after a PM to OtherJohn, it is fixed.  :hurray:

So, it doesn't matter if you attend or not, you should have the recording.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

How does one contact OtherJohn? I tried the link through the conference website a few weeks ago but heard nothing. SWB's recordings still haven't shown up in my account. :(

I had a similar problem and sent a message through the conference website. It was resolved quickly. Sorry you are having trouble! Maybe try again?

• Like 1